Federal Ministry Of Youth & Sports Development has open a challenge competition to engage young Nigerians tag “60-Day App Development challenge”. The 60-Day App Development challenge is aimed at engaging young Nigerians in the act of designing a mobile application to improve a range of processes and increase the level of accessibility to services available to the citizenry. The point of a mobile app is to seamlessly connect and interact with persons making it a valuable tool for modern businesses and government.
Aim/Objectives of the 60-Day App Development Challenge
- Engage the innovative minds of young Nigerians in designing mobile applications for MSMEs, SMEs and big Cooperatives
- Challenge and harness talents and skills of the youth to develop and design mobile-based solutions relevant in the COVID-19 and POST COVID-19 era, as a fundamental objective of sports and youth training
- Develop a Mobile App that Solves a Problem
- Mobile apps are expected to generate $189 billion in revenue by 2020
- Google PlayStore has over 2.5 million apps available for download.
- 10 Grand Prizes N1 million each
- Business Development Training
- 50 FMYSD Participation Certificates
Eligibility Criteria (Who Can Participate)
The Modalities for participation are as follows;
- Must be a Youth as defined in the National Youth Policy(age 18-29)
- In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in Nigeria, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of Nigeria.
- Prove that the work is not in breach of plagiarism rules.
- Documentation for code/compiler/semantics definitions and database.
- Secure. No hidden bugs
- No existing legal agreement on a patent with any person(s)/group/company / or otherwise and if any should be clearly stated and the conditions therein.
- Must have registered to participate in the Challenge under the rules promulgated by the FMYSD.
- Must have complied with all the stated requirements of the 60-day App Challenge.
- May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
- Shall not be an FMYSD employee working on their applications or submissions during assigned duty hours.
- Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop 60 Day App challenge APPS.
- Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop 60 Day App challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a 60 Day App challenge Submission.
- A product may be disqualified if it fails to function as expressed in the description provided by the Participant, or if it provides inaccurate or incomplete information.
- If applicable, the proposed application must be FMYSD compliant to be eligible.
- All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Shall not be currently under contract with FMYSD to perform work related to APP development.
- Physically and Mentally fit, in the case of any disability if it exists is Not a challenge or health risks and excludes the Ministry or its representative(s) from legal actions whatsoever.
- Patents agreements signed with the FMYSD and its reps.
- A participant is a sole author, creator, and owner of the Submission;
- The Submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
- The Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party; and
- The Submission, and Participants’ use of the Submission, does not and will not violate any applicable laws or regulations, including, without limitation, applicable export control laws and regulations of Nigeria and other jurisdictions.
Apps entered for the challenge must solve a problem within the shortlisted sectors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified young innovative mind Nigerians who wish to participate in the 60-Day App Development challenge should click below to register and participate
Visit the Official Webpage for more details
Application Deadline: 28 August 2020