Job Position: Internal Auditor (Graduate Trainee)
Job Location: Lagos
We are looking for someone who has an objective, logical, and enquiring mind, who is tactful but assertive, and is a persistent and good negotiator. The ideal candidate will have a confident and professional character and must be resourceful, self-motivated, proactive, and happy to take on responsibility. The role requires someone who is articulate, both verbally and in writing.
The role of the Internal Auditor is to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control, and operational processes.
The Internal Auditor shall work very closely with departments to ensure everything is working as it should be; for instance, that costs are being contained and that the Bank is fully complying with the laws and regulations relevant to each area of its work. Efficiency is a key objective of this function but it is not only about monetary efficiency. The internal audit ensures that risk controls in place are working; firstly to prevent and detect fraudulent activities and secondly to protect the Bank’s reputation. The Internal Auditor shall work to recognize and report any discrepancies. While some of the work is focused on finance, any aspect of the operations of the Bank can be subject to internal audits, from IT and client services to environmental policies.
- Planning individual audits, defining internal audit objectives and preparing audit plans
- Completing on-site business audits, evaluating the effectiveness of controls and writing up reports
- Contributing to the overall development of the Bank’s internal audit function
- Interviewing the different teams and functions about working practices
- Preparing and executing test programs
- Preparing work papers and internal audit reports to support the findings and conclusions and making recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Following up on actions arising from audit assignments as required and preparing status reports in that regard
- Continuously reviewing compliance procedures, ensuring the Bank is adhering to rules, codes of practice, business ethics, internal guidelines and policies and procedures
- Performing ad hoc projects as required
- Identifying ways in which the Bank can deliver better value for money and improve the services used
- Challenging current working practices and finding ways to improve internal risk controls
- Proactively evaluating risks and internal controls against changing trends and market and economic conditions
- Sharing with the auditees the results of the audit and agreeing on appropriate corrective actions to remedy any non-conformances and the date by which the actions should be carried out
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or Management from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution.
- ICAN, ACCA, or ACA will be an added advantage.
- Good project management and team working abilities
- Commitment to gaining professional qualifications and ongoing self-development
- Strong analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Personal computer skills with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet skills required
- Capability for a broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in internal auditing standards plus a working knowledge of disciplines related to auditable areas
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply Online via the Website
- Only application via the website will be acknowledged.
- Only shortlisted candidates contacted.
- Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc reserves the right to stop further action on this job vacancy notice
Visit the official webpage for more details
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- Graduate Entry Job at PageFinancials
- Financial Analyst Job at Chicken Republic
- Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) Jobs (3 Openings)