ADB Scholarship: ADB-JSP, financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank, aims to provide opportunity citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Tokyo.
The University of Tokyo is a leading research university, it offers courses in essentially all academic disciplines at both undergraduate and graduate levels and conducts research across the full spectrum of academic activity. The University aims to provide its students with a rich and varied academic environment that ensures opportunities for both intellectual development and the acquisition of professional knowledge and skills.
ADB-JSP produced 3,441 graduates. These men and women are holding key positions in government, business, education, and international organizations after the program. Each JASAA associate is now contributing to the development of his or her home country and making a positive difference in his or her own way.
ADB Scholarship at the University of Tokyo Details
University: Tokyo University
Degree Level: Master Degree Programs
Duration: 2 Years
ADB Scholarship Benefits
The ADB Scholarship at the University of Tokyo will cover all the Expenses. Asian Development Bank Scholarship program is a Fully Funded International Student Scholarships to study abroad.
- Tuition Fees
- Housing Allowance
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance
- Student Medical and Accident Insurance.
- Economy Class Air Travel Tickets.
- Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Luggage Allowance.
- Thesis/Research Allowance. Photocopying, School Supplies, Typing and Computer Charges, Postage, Communications, Binding Charges, Local Travel Costs, and Accommodation for out-of-town trips.
Available Fields of Study at the Tokyo University
The ADB has set the following Fields of Study options at the University of Tokyo if you are applying through ADB. If you want to get an ADB Scholarship then you have the following fields of Study options are available at Tokyo University.
- Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Development
- Urban Engineering
- Environment Studies
- International Studies
- Sustainability Science
- Health Science
- Public Policy
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Department of Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
- Department of International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
- Be a national of an ADB Member Countries.
- A Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
- Applicants for a master’s course must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution comparable to a bachelor’s degree offered at the University of Tokyo.
Steps to follow
Step 1: Search for a supervisor
Step 2: Send a complete set of application materials described below (December)
Step 3: University verifies qualifications of applicants (December to February)
Step 4: Only successful candidates may apply for an ADB scholarship through GSFS (March)
Step 5: Enroll in September and start their degree course in English.
A) Application form
B) Official academic transcript or attested photocopy from the institute you previously attended
C) Official certificate of graduation or attested photocopy from the institute you previously attended
D) Two confidential letters of recommendation
Please prepare all the documents in English.
Where to send:
International Liaison Office
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
the University of Tokyo
Room 120, Building of Environmental Studies
5-1-5 Kashiwa no ha, Kashiwa
Phone: +81 4 7136 4558
Deadline: 10th December 2020