Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship: Scholarship programme aims to empower young people through educational opportunities. It is targeted towards outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential for future leadership in Abia State. The programme helps students in publicly-owned tertiary institutions in Nigeria to offset the cost of their education.
The scholarship scheme was established as part of the Alex Otti Foundation’s programmes which seek to assist indigent students resident in Abia State with financial support to facilitate their educational pursuits.
The scholarship is funded by Dr Alex Otti, who himself finished with a First-Class degree in Economics, and emerged the university-wide best graduating student of his set at the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. His success and wealth of experience in Banking, Oil and Gas, Hospitality, Construction and Telecoms will serve as a great motivation for the winners, who will have a luncheon with him, once every year, until they graduate.
The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) calls for applications from interested candidates for the Foundation’s Tertiary Education Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021 Details
Sponsor: Dr Alex Otti
Eligible Students: Tertiary institution Students
Target Group: Abia State indigenes
Duration: scholarship till they graduate.
- Very bright and hardworking students in all the local governments across Abia, who have been admitted into tertiary institutions across Nigeria
- Students who are currently in 2nd-year (200 Level) in any government-owned tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Candidate must have had at least a CGPA of 3.5 – for universities (or its equivalent, for other tertiary institutions) in his/her first academic session (that is, First Year).
- open to indigent students resident in Abia State, who are currently enrolled in government-owned tertiary institutions.
- Candidates must submit a statement of result for first academic session (that is, First Year) signed by the Department/Faculty’s Admin Officer (who rightfully is a representative of the registrar in the department or faculty).
- Candidates must present a letter of recognition by their community/religious group leader or electricity utility bill of the last three months, to prove he/she currently resides in Abia State.
- Candidates must submit a 900-word brief essay explaining: (a) why they deserve the scholarship, (b) their leadership qualities, and (c) how their education will benefit Abia State and Nigeria in the future.
- Candidates must provide valid means of identification.
How to Apply
Candidates are to apply online Click Here To Apply
Applications close by midnight, Sunday, 17th January, 2021. Any application not FULLY completed by the closing date WILL NOT be processed.
FURTHER NOTES TO APPLICANT
- The Scholarship is for those who are resident in Abia State. This means there is no difference between those who ancestrally hail from the state and those whose families migrated from other states. So long as you live in the state, even if you are schooling elsewhere in Nigeria, you are eligible.
- Indigent students are those whose families cannot genuinely afford the cost of tertiary education. Those with the means to afford tertiary education should consider staying away from this scholarship a way of giving back to society.
- Siblings (that is children who share the same parents) of current Alex Otti Foundation scholars are not eligible and will not be until their sibling’s current scholarship runs its full course.
For more information, visit the Official Website