The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government. The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2021 in New Zealand Details
Host Country: New Zealand
Eligible Countries: ADB Member Countries
Host Organization: Asian Development Bank
University: University of Auckland
Degree Offered: Masters Degree Program
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Course Programme available in ADB Scholarship to pursue a Master’s Degree.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
- Candidate must be from ADB Member Countries.
- Have gained admission to an approved master’s at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme
To apply for Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2021, you need to have the following documents:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
How to Apply
To apply for ADB Scholarship at the University of Auckland in Newzealand. All of the above documents must be submitted in full by post and received by the University of Auckland no later than 19 July 2020:
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Visit the Official Website for more details
Application Deadline: July 19th, 2020