BeChangeMaker provides access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring, and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. It is also part of the implementation of the African Union’s One Million by 2021 Initiative.
An online training programme that inspires action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills
Worth of Award
- This is an online training programme that inspires action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-programme training.
- Additionally, the top three teams will each receive EUR 500 cash award to further invest in their ideas, trophy, HP gifts, and certificates.
- The number one team from the final pitch competition will receive an additional EUR 1,500 cash award.
- HP LIFE, a programme of the HP Foundation, provides 32 FREE online learning courses for entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business owners worldwide.
- be from 18 to 35 years old,
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
Steps to participate in BeChangeMaker Africa 2020
Step 1: Form a team
- Form a team of 2 to 5 people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader.
Step 2: Share your challenge
- Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application.
Step 3: Submit your application
Step 4: Team will be selected
- 30 teams will be selected to officially join the programme. The announcement will be made on 15 June.
Step 5: Get ready!
- The programme will kick off on 22 June with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.
How to Apply BeChangeMaker Africa 2020
Interested candidates should Click here to Apply
Deadline: Applications close on June 5, 2020.