The Bryan Cameron Scholarship – a merit-based undergraduate scholarships awards for four-year, full-tuition, to exceptional high school students who have demonstrated passion and commitment in academics, extracurricular activities, leadership, and community service. The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their high-achieving peers in their desire to make an impact on their communities and in the world at large. Our Scholar aspires to contribute to positive forces for change and plans to tailor their education to that end.
Bryan Cameron Scholarship Details
Recipients of Bryan Cameron Impact Scholarship receives
- full-tuition Fees for the 4-year
- Attend an annual Cameron Impact Scholars Award Ceremony and Summit for the 4-year duration of the Scholarship. Graduates of the Scholarship program are strongly encouraged to attend this annual event as well.
Professional Careers Area
The Foundation will allocate approximately 25%, or a quarter of the scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in education, nonprofits, government, and/or military and have a stated professional goal of public service. However, the criterion for the Scholarship is intentionally broad. There are countless ways to make a positive impact in many professional careers
- Engineering and
- Art (to name but a few).
Eligibility for the Cameron Impact Scholarship is based on the following criteria:
The applicant must:
- Prioritize academic excellence (maintaining a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.7-grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent in their high school studies);
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be in the high school graduating Class of 2021, planning to enrol in a full-time course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the full academic year following high school graduation;
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to extracurricular activities. This includes, but is not limited to athletics, academic clubs, music lessons, performance art, employment, meaningful contributions to the home, and philanthropic organizations;
- Be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic and social acumen. Scholars rise to the occasion and are both candid and confident;
- Demonstrate active participation in community service and in civic-minded arenas, exhibiting an appreciation for the world outside themselves and a belief in their own capacity to effect change on scales both large and small;
- Online Application,
- Two (2) required letters of Recommendation** (these letters MUST be submitted prior to the Application Deadline for an Application to be considered complete), and
- Transcript (unofficial is fine) certifying academic performance.
Method of Application
To submit an application for the scholarship, please follow these steps of the process:
- Step 1: Fill out the Applicant Profile form (below)
- Step 2: Create a username and password
- Step 3: Log in to your Applicant Profile (please check your spam folder or contact our admin if you do not receive your activation e-mail right away).
- Step 4: Click the link on the far right column – “New Application”
- Step 5: Complete application and essays (note word limits) and upload your transcript and two (2) recommendations (please submit only two). PLEASE NOTE: Recommendations and/or Transcript may be uploaded within the Application OR e-mailed to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 6: Submit your application
- Step 7: If you did not include your transcript and/or recommendations during the application process – you must have these e-mailed to us at email@example.com by the Application Deadline. We do not offer ANY extensions.
IMPORTANT: Applicants are strongly advised to submit their application well in advance of the final deadline. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for an applicant’s technical submission issues encountered on the final due date.
**Recommendations and Transcript may be uploaded directly within the Application when prompted OR e-mailed directly to the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit only two Recommendation letters.
Application Deadline for the Class of 2021 is September 11, 2020, at 12:00pm PT (NOON)