Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: DECK SUPERVISOR Q7000
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Rig Superintendent/OIM Master
- The Deck Supervisor is the onsite focal point for all rigging activities in their 12-hour shift, under the overall control of the Rig Superintendent, and is responsible for co-ordinating onsite rigging and crane activities, is responsible for ensuring that the operation is completed in accordance with the approved programme, policies and procedures, and in a safe manner. The jobholder will be conversant with all statutory requirements relating to Lifting operations, with all personnel directly or indirectly involved with rigging and lifting operations conforming to the instructions issued by him. The jobholder will liaise with the On Shift Toolpusher and Project Engineer regarding any changes to the approved well programme and communicate these requested changes to the Offshore Project Manager. The jobholder will be responsible for all movements of equipment on deck.
- The Deck Supervisor shall not undertake rigging operations which are not in accordance with safe working practice.
- If in their opinion, any instruction requires such work to be undertaken, the Deck Supervisor shall direct the matter to the Rig Superintendent or Vessel OIM/Master. In the event of a query or dispute, which cannot be resolved, the QHS&E Dept is to be contacted for further advice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise deck operations and ensure that high, safe standards of rigging are maintained.
- Ensure that all lifting rigging (shackles, slings, strops etc.) are in good condition and are certified prior to being put in use.
- Ensure that clear, unambiguous directions are given to the Crane Driver during the movement of loads around the deck by the crane.
- Ensure that the deck crew are briefed on the work scope and that they are fully aware of any safety precautions to be observed. This includes the performance of “Tool-Box talks/TRACs”.
- Ensure that all project rigging is colour coded in accordance with project requirements.
- Ensure that all project rigging is returned on completion of the project.
- Be responsible for the control of all deck associated rigging and the re-order of consumables as well as quarantine of damaged/defective equipment.
- Liaise closely with the On-Shift Toolpusher with regard to delegation of tasks for Roustabouts to ensure correct manning levels during Well Intervention equipment movement.
- Be responsible for all movements of all Well Intervention equipment on deck
- Assist with the slipping and cutting of the MPT and/or Derrick main lift wire.
- Review the Safety Notices on each occasion of joining the vessel.
- Liaise with the Offshore/Onshore Project Engineers regarding rigging procedures & requirements for forthcoming projects.
- Ensure that the deck is maintained in a clean and tidy manner, and ensure that all Third Parties under their supervision do likewise. Record inspections on a daily basis.
- Be responsible for the adherence to WOUK and Client Safety & PPE Policies by all personnel working on deck.
- Be responsible for the adherence to WOUK and Statutory Rigging Procedures and requirements by all personnel under his supervision.
- Promote the requirement for Toolbox Talks and Improvement Suggestions, and will record their statistics on a shift by shift basis.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that all parties under his supervision have clear and effective lines of communication as required, and will ensure that operations do not commence until this is in place and confirmed.
- Ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with the latest instruction issued by the Project Engineer with reference to the Project Documentation where required and that all personnel under his supervision are clear as regards their role in the forward operation.
- Be familiar with lifting & rigging requirements under LOLER & will ensure that all lifting operations on deck and in derrick comply.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Offshore Crane Operator Stage 3 Competence Assessment
- LOLER Appointed person
- OPITO Banksman Slinger Stage 3
- OPITO Rigging & Lifting
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Designated Security Duties certificate (STCW A- VI/6
- GMDSS (ROC)
- Efficient Deck Hand Certificate or level 2 VQ in Marine Vessel Operations (STCW Deck A-II/5)
- Navigational Watch Rating Cert
- OPITO Helicopter Landing Officer
- OPITO Offshore Emergency Response
- Helideck Leader
- CAA Offshore Radio License
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Huisman PMC & KBC
- OGUK Medical
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 5+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020