Dover Engineering Limited is part of The Dover Group which comprises of three companies providing exceptional services to several industries which include but are not limited to Oil, Gas, and Chemicals sector, Offshore Services, Renewable Energy sector.
Application is invited to fill the position below;
Job Title: CODED WELDER
Job Location: RIVERS
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training to young Nigerian technicians with special emphasis in the areas below.
- Conduct welding tasks using the following methods such as Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) or TIG, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) or MIG, Stick Welding or Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) or MMA, and Fusion Welding.
- Ensure flawless startup and commissioning of welded components for tightness, cleanness and zero leaks following repair or replacement.
- Conduct functional checks on welded elements as part of Flawless Project Delivery(FPD) as a requirement for facility changes, upgrades, and modifications.
- Ensure compliance with Health Safety and Environment requirements as specified for executing welding activities.
- Comply with classification and prioritization system for completion of the work order as determined within the maintenance management system.
- Assist planning plus operations staff to identify skills and resources needed to complete planning and reactive work activities.
- Comply with every approved operation and maintenance procedure.
- Perform with maintenance planners as scheduled workload.
- Comply with all instructions for job task completion.
- A recognized technical certification up to the Higher National Diploma level relevant to welding.
- Attained BSN EN from the UK or ASME IX standard code from the US or other comparable codes recognized under ISO. Must also be conversant with the AWS and API standards and other comparable standards.
- Appropriate certification IVQ, NVQ, or C&G qualification as a certified assessor or trainer in technical skills.
- 15 years working experience in process systems instrumentation and control a minimum of 5 years should be working experience on oil field, petrochemical, or oil and gas handling projects, including working in design and engineering construction of such systems, including planning, supervision, training/competence development for junior engineers.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an NLNG or GTL plant in the most recent past.
- Good supervisory qualities and experience, including good communication skills.
- Familiar with codes, standards, regulations, and practices applicable to the operations, maintenance, upgrades, and engineering design of process instrumentation.
Method of Application
Only candidates who meet these requirements should apply by forwarding their resume in MS-WORD format along with a cover letter to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org . The mail subject should be the position being applied for.
*Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
In addition, candidates are also advised to apply for the same position on www.nogicjqs.gov.ng. Candidates are to create their username and password to access the link and submit their application.
Applications should be forwarded in not later than two (2) weeks (30/03/2021) from the date of this publication. Thereafter, vacancies will be closed.
For more information after Dover Engineering Limited visit the official website