Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) wishes to recruit qualified and capable, national candidates from the ECOWAS Member States. Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Created on 28 May 1975, is a regional intergovernmental organization formed by the following fifteen (15) Member States: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. Its Headquarters is in Abuja, Nigeria and its official working languages are: English, French and Portuguese
Applications are invited in the following areas:
- General Administration, Conferences, Finance; Human Resources Management,
- Macroeconomic policies, Economic Research, Infrastructure,
- Trade, Customs, Free Movement, Industry and Promotion of the Private Sector
- Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources, Health, Animal Health
- Political Affairs, Peace, Security, Social Affairs and Gender
- Education, Science and Culture, Youth and Sport Development
- Telecommunications and Information Technologies
- Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing
- International Relations, Diplomacy, Legal Affairs
- Monitoring and evaluation, Strategic management, Strategic planning
- Mining, Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency
- Internal audit
In order to ensure effective implementation of its sectoral programmes, ECOWAS specialized agencies and institutions including the Community Court of Justice, the ECOWAS Parliament, the West African Health Organization (WAHO) and the Intergovernmental Action Group against Money Laundering (GIABA) wishes to recruit qualified and capable, national candidates from the ECOWAS Member States in the following areas:
|Nb.||Vacancy Title||Vacancy Title||Duty Station|
|1||PO Capacity Building & Best Practices||09 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIA||b10Pcapacitybbp@ecowas.int|
|2||PO Institutional Framework||09 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIA||b10Pinstframework@ecowas.int|
|3||Principal Officer, Archiving and Documentation||09 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIA||b10Parchivingdoc@ecowas.int|
|4||Principal Accountant, Community Levy||09 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIA||b10Pacctclevy@ecowas.int|
|5||Economic Advisor||16 August, 2020||BRUSSELS, BELGIUMemail@example.com|
|6||Director Trade||16 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Program Officer Payment Systems||16 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAvemail@example.com|
|8||Principal Officer, Salary Policy & Pension Administration||16 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||Principal Programme Officer, Quality And Standards:||16 August, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAemail@example.com|
|10||Director, Administration & General Services||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Translator (French A, English C, Portuguese C)||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAemail@example.com|
|12||Translator (French A, English C) X 2||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Translator (Portuguese A, French C, English C) X 4||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAemail@example.com|
|14||Revisor (Portuguese)||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Revisor (English)||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAemail@example.com|
|16||Consular Officer X 2||13 September, 2020||ABUJA, NIGERIAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Applicants who wish to apply for ECOWAS Recruitment 2020 should possess the basic requirements which include the following:
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree or its equivalent in any related field.
- Applicants must be between the age requirements stated by each ECOWAS job positions
- Computing Skills will be an added advantage to applicants.
- Potential candidates must be under 50 years of age.
- Female applications are encouraged.
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to download the application form and fill it out correctly. Send all the below-mentioned documents to the related e-mail addresses.
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM) and fill it out correctly;
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter;
- Each position has its own separate email address. So, to get the email address, select the position you want to apply and scroll down to get the required email address.
- Applications initially submitted with only the CV remain acceptable.
Applicants are kindly requested to visit the ECOWAS website regularly, www.ecowas.int, where the positions will be published regularly and apply as follows: