Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: ELECTRICIAN
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: First Engineer
- The Electrician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the electrical plant of the vessel, excluding the diving system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that they are familiar with the machinery and systems so that, in an emergency situation, essential services can be safely and speedily restored. In addition, they must have a full understanding of and abide by, Company procedures, policies and instructions.
- Have an understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the companies policies and management system.
- Assist with survey work as directed by a Senior Officer.
- Ensure that any information entered into the maintenance records is accurate. Their hand-over notes will encompass a comprehensive coverage of their work during the period of engagement on the vessel and they will ensure that all manuals and drawings pertaining to their work are kept up to date.
- Notify the Chief Engineer of spare gear and stores requirements.
- Be fully conversant with the relevant codes of practice.
- Keep the Second and Chief Engineers fully informed as to the progress of any work which they have undertaken. Inform the Second and Chief Engineers of any defects or problems encountered in their area of responsibility.
- Be conversant with electrical plant on the unit.
- Be trained as a Responsible Person for the PTW system and isolations.
- Any other duties assigned by 1st Engineer.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Electro-Technical Officer STCW III/6
- STCW Training
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (STCW Code A-VI/1-4)
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering related field.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Security Awareness
- Kongsberg K-Chief step 3
- Huisman WIS Electrical and Control System Proficiency
5+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020