EQUALS in Tech Awards for Entrepreneurs, organized and presented by the EQUALS Global Partnership are now accepting nominations for 2020 Tech Awards. The annual awards recognize initiatives that work to bring gender equality to the digital world.
EQUALS Global Partnership – a network of 100+ organizations, companies, UN agencies and research institutions – whose founding partners include the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), UN Women, International Trade Centre, GSMA, and United Nations University. Together, the partnership works to bring the benefits of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to women and girls and to help women succeed in the tech sector.
The Equals in Tech Awards are given every year to organizations and individuals working to help girls and women gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
Individuals and organizations can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in the following categories:
1. Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
2. Skills: Initiatives that support the development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
3. Leadership (in two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
4. Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
- Winners become part of a growing community of like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, teachers, and leaders. And they join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.
- Open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs.
- Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative
- Work in collaboration with partners
How To Apply
To nominate a project, program, initiative or individual, use this online form.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020