Applications are open for Facebook Fellowship Program to all full-time PhD students currently involved in ongoing research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country. The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups.
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative research related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Facebook Fellowship Program Details
Degree Level: PhD
Eligible Countries: Any
To be taken at (country): Any country (excluding US embargoed countries)
Duration: Two Year
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook.
Available Fellowships Areas
The Fellowships are available in the following area of study;
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy-Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/FB App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
Applications Must Include
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships above)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
- student’s research statement, and
- publication record,
How to Apply
Application for Facebook Fellowship Program is done online. Suitably qualified candidates can apply below
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
Application Deadline: 1st October 2020 11:59 pm PST