FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Application is invited for;
Position Title: Technical Director-SHARP
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Supervisor: Chief of Party
Under the leadership of the Chief of Party, this position will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations. The TD should have leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and organizational qualities. At a minimum, the candidate should have extensive experience managing similar projects and should have in-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS). Experience in key population programming desirable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to provide leadership to the program, ensure strategic program direction, and provide high-quality technical assistance;
- Supervise technical team leaders to ensure high quality and comprehensive technical programming;
- Mobilize institutional and project resources, tools, best practices, innovations, technology to deliver a synergistic, evidence-based program;
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders to meet program objectives and deliver results;
- Collaborate with technical staff to ensure program activities are designed and implemented according to industry best practices while being tailored to the local context;
- Work closely with the team to develop annual work plans, reports and performance monitoring plans;
- Provide leadership to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation-compliant reporting per FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing HIV/AIDS care and support projects in developing countries.
- Sound knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support, as well as HIV prevention.
- Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership.
- Familiarity with the scientific literature on HIV/AIDS and with research on public health issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building an effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MS/MA in public health, Epidemiology or related field, MPH preferred,
- a minimum of 8 years relevant experience with international development programs experience working as a senior-level manager in a public health program in a developing country which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Experience supervising and leading teams and monitoring staff performance;
- Experience integrating gender into development programming is preferred;
- Knowledge of the Nigerian health system and HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong communication and coordination skills required;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects; and
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host‐country government partners and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated success in a multicultural environment is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
For more information, visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: Not Specified