Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: FIRST ENGINEER
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Chief Engineer
- The First Engineer shall undertake duties as allocated or directed by the Chief Engineer and may be employed in either watchkeeping or day work duties as required and has the following responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will normally comprise of the following:
- Understudy the Chief Engineer.
- Have an understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the Company’s policies and management system.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery and equipment for which the Engineering Department has responsibility.
- Be responsible for the supervision of the Engineering Department Staff and for the allocation of responsibility with regard to maintenance and operating duties.
- Be aware of class requirements and will be responsible for the preparation of machinery for the ey, as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the information, presented in the ER log, maintenance records, water condition logs and other information, as required, is accurate and up to date.
- Complete hand-over notes which encompass a comprehensive coverage of departmental work during his period of engagement on the vessel.
- Responsible for advising the Chief Engineer of spare gear requirements.
- Ensure that maintenance and repair work, done in the Engineering Department is adequately supervised and carried out in a safe manner In aligning with companies permit to work and other safety management systems.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the preparation of the running repair list, supervision of major repairs and dockings. Shall meet and discuss daily with the Chief Engineer and those under his control, planned work schedules, progress and defects/problems encountered.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the management of the Planned Maintenance System.
- Assume the undernoted duties in total when required to do so
- Review the Safety Notices, Marine Circular Correspondence files and the MMS Amendment file in the current version of the Offshore Management System CD Rom, upon joining and re-joining the vessel. Shall be appointed Deputy Safety Officer and assist the Safety Officer in the execution of duties including but not restricted to:
- Safety related inspections of machinery spaces
- Control of COSHH relating to engineering consumables
- Accident/Incident investigation.
- Monitoring processes which have the capability to cause an environmental impact.
- • Any other duties assigned by the Chief Engineer
Certificates, Training and Experience
The Senior or sole Engine Room (ECR) Watchkeeper should have:
- Second Engineer (Unlimited) STCW A-III/2
- Diploma (or equivalent) –Marine Engineering
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) – Engineering Knowledge
- High Voltage (Management)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Designated Security Duties certificate (STCW A- VI/6)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- K-Chief Step 1
- OGUK Medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 2+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020