Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship for International Students is open for Applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe that demonstrate excellent school or academic merit and wish to study in Germany.
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship.
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Details
Eligible Countries: International Students
No of Scholarships: Each year up to 40 students
Duration: maximum funding period corresponds to BAföG regulations
International students receive;
- a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- costs for health insurance are funded and
- scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276.
- Admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- Applicant must be committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
- Show excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
What you need before applying;
- Educational Certificates
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Plan (Masters)
- Recommendation Letter
- Confirmation of study place or matriculation certificate at a state or state-recognized German (technical) university for the study for which you want to be funded
- Foreign applicants must also demonstrate sufficient German language skills
- New students (German and Bildungsinländer) apply before or at the beginning of the first semester and need two reports from teachers for the rest of the application process
- Unrestricted notification of admission to the doctoral scholarship ( For Doctoral)
Interested candidates who are eligible for a scholarship should apply online at FES Application Portal. Read instructions carefully and fill out the Online Application correctly.
- We will request further documents from you by e-mail: two expert reports from university lecturers as well as information about your previous training and your socio-political commitment. New students (not Masters students) in the first university semester submit two reports from former teachers.
- After our request, you have three weeks to upload the documents. For the reports, if necessary after consultation with us, six weeks. We advise you to put the documents together while you wait for our feedback.
For more details, visit the scholarship webpage
Application deadline: October 31, 2020