Application for Gates Cambridge Scholarship for 2021 entry is open. The Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
The Gates Cambridge mission is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others. It aims to achieve this mission by selecting outstanding scholars, providing them with financial and non-financial support at one of the world’s leading universities and facilitating community building at and beyond Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 Details
University: Cambridge University
Eligible Group: International Students
Degree Type: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
Duration: 2 Years for Masters Program and 4 Years for PhD
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. It covers the following costs:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic Development Funding: From up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
- Be Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, experience)
- Reasons for Choice of Course: You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge scholarship for international students offers all fields of study available at the University. There are no academic restrictions for anyone.
Check available Departments/Programs from A to Z (Here)
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
Outstanding intellectual ability
Reasons for choice of course
A commitment to improving the lives of others
How to Apply
The Application Process is completely online. All the Documents and Application Form will be completed Online. To Apply,
The last date to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 For USA Applicants residing in the USA is 14th October 2020
For all International Applicants, it is Depend on the Course They Chose. Deadline is either 3 December 2020 or 7 January 2021