Glasgow Caledonian University is inviting applications for the Asylum Seeker Scholarship in the 2020/2021 session. The is offered to students who currently have an asylum case pending or dependants whose parents have an asylum case ongoing which will cover the cost of tuition fees for Full Time Masters programme.
Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good whose mission is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve and this is at the heart of all they do, especially in social innovation teaching and research.
Asylum Seeker Scholarship Details
Hosting University: Glasgow Caledonian University
Nationalities: All countries
Degree Type: Master Program
- full-fee scholarship covering your full-time Postgraduate tuition fee for Glasgow Campus only
- Scholarship payment of £1,250 to assist with study/ living costs every year of your studies*
Applications will be considered from potential students who:
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the Glasgow Caledonian University commencing September 2020-2021; and
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter “The Convention”) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Applicants must live within the Glasgow area at the point of application as housing costs are not covered by the scholarship. Applications will only be accepted from prospective students outwith the Glasgow area if they submit written evidence of appropriate accommodation arrangements at the point of application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow do the following to apply for Asylum Seeker Scholarship
You MUST attach:
- Correspondence from the Home Office confirming your application status.
- Those making an asylum claim will be issued an Asylum Registration Card (ARC) which you must attach.
You MAY attach:
- References in support of your application
- Financial documents supporting your Economic Need section
Submit the application form and supporting evidence to
Andrea Butler – Scholarship Advisor
Glasgow Caledonian University, 200 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA
Applications Deadline: 15 June 2020