Greenville LNG company Ltd. is the pioneer Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) production and distribution company in Nigeria using an innovative virtual pipeline system for supply of gas within Nigeria. Greenville stands for raising the standards of technology development, logistics, eco-friendly products towards equitable development of the country.
Application is invited for the position below
Job Title: LNG DCS/CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
Operate the plant according to the Chief Operations Supervisor instructions, coordinating activities with the Chief Operations Supervisor and the field operators and maintain the operating parameters within the limits established in the approved operating procedure.
- Manage and Control the start-up, shutdown, and operations the plant, in the best possible technical, economic, safety and environmental conditions and Control the start-up, shutdown, and operations of the plant, in the best possible technical, economic, safety and environmental conditions.
- Monitors the performance of the operating systems from the SCADA control panel, takes corrective actions, and reports abnormalities to Chief Operation Supervisor.
- Take and interpret indicator reading and gather the information required to develop reports.
- Propose corrective actions to preventing incidents and problems, optimizing the processes from a technical, economic, safety, and environmental perspective.
- Perform the maneuvers required to protect the plant, people, and the environment in an emergency using approved operating procedures.
- Ensure equipment are isolated during emergencies and should have knowledge and capacity for firefighting and rescue operation.
- Co-ordinate with the field operators and maintenance crews to prepare equipment for maintenance.
- Collaborate in the study and analysis of incidents and in developing reports.
- Collect and log operating data as required.
- Ensure Field Operators perform daily routine activities as per the schedule and follow up the activities, recording it in the logbook and reporting to Chief Operations Supervisor.
- Participate in safety training, on-the-job training, firefighting exercises, and use of fire /safety equipment.
- Maintain accurate records/ logs of trip switches and process alarms when by-passed for maintenance or other activities.
- Ensure proper hand-over of shift activities to the incoming shift control room operator. Stay in the own job area until shift relief is available during shift change.
N/B: scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are a common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ working experience in the LNG plant.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of equipment/plant operation and maintenance
- Working knowledge in SCADA system and PLC
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their resume with the job code to email@example.com
For more information, visit the Official website
Application deadline: 01/02/2021