Harvard University is inviting application for Academy Scholars Program. The program is open to all recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law. The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
Hosting University: Harvard University
Degree Type: PhD recipients and doctoral candidates
Eligible Countries: Students from any nationality are eligible to apply (Open for all)
Duration: Three years
- Candidates receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000
- the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $31,000 until awarded the PhD
- Funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage
- Named for two-year appointments ( if selected)
Academy Scholars Program Courses:
The following are the main courses in the Academy Scholars Program available;
- Social Scienced,
There are very simple eligibility criteria of the Academy Scholars Program
- The competition for these awards is open only to recent PhD (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a PhD should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars. If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2020 deadline, you must have completed your PhD or equivalent after September 30, 2017.
The Selection Committee considers all applicants in one applicant pool.
The completed application will include:
- A cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including a list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
- Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.”
- Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline of October 1.
All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates click on the apply button to access the application.
Note: All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of October 1. We do not accept late applications.
For more information is accessed the homepage of The Harvard University Academy Scholars’ website.