The Islamic World Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) is one of the largest Islamic organizations, founded in 1979. Its objectives include strengthening cooperation among its 54 member states in the fields of education, science, culture and communication, and to encourage diversity, dialogue and understanding among diverse peoples as part of a contribution towards world peace and security. ICESCO’s headquarters are in Rabat, Morocco.
The Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) is inviting applications for;
Job Title: Expert at Science and Technology Sector
Announcement Ref.: ST_001_20
Post No.: P003
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: one renewable year
Work location: Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO), Rabat – Kingdom of Morocco
Contributing to the efforts and events supporting, promoting and sharing expertise, and transferring knowledge, sciences and technologies necessary to ensure capacity-building, develop the culture of technological development and innovation, and use advanced technologies in such a way as to achieve sustainable economic development in the Member States.
- Entrenching the culture of technological development and innovation, and proposing general plans,
programmes and activities related to societal development in the Member States;
- Holding regular meetings with prominent scientists and experts in this field, and networking scientists
from all Member States;
- Supervising the development of programmes and strategies likely to respond to the future needs of the
- Developing mechanisms and tools of capacity-building and technology transfer;
- Any other tasks falling within the framework of his/her competence
Qualifications and Requirements
The candidate should:
- Have a post-graduate degree (M.A. degree or PhD) in a speciality that is compatible with the post’s tasks
- Have conducted research works and published articles in the field of science and technology.
- Have no less than one year of international action experience and six (06) years in the development of ST
policies and programmes;
- Be less than 55 years of age at the date of signing the employment contract.
- To be a holder of the nationality of one of the member states of the organization
- Good command of at least two of ICESCO’s working languages (Arabic, English and French).
Skills and competencies:
- Good computer skills proficiency.
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Expertise in managing a team, including developing their skills and inspiring them to succeed
- Good Experience in fundraising with good organisational skills
In compliance with ICESCO Personnel Regulations, the expert receives and benefits from:
- Reimbursement of a maximum of 75% of the annual schooling expenses for the dependent children;
- Annual paid leave at the rate of 2.5 working days per each month;
- Work hazards insurance and health insurance based on the subscription to the Medical Insurance Fund of
ICESCO staff with a contribution of 3% of the base salary;
- End-of-Service Allowance upon a contribution equivalent to 2.5% of the base salary;
- Supplementary salary equal to a one-month base salary at the end of each year
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Application files bearing the announcement reference should be sent to the Directorate of Administrative Affairs of ICESCO to the following email: Icescoemployment@icesco.org
- The processing of applications shall be subject to the abovementioned criteria and may include tests or evaluations in addition to a job interview.
- In the evaluation process, ICESCO uses communication technologies
- Nominations should be submitted through Member States’ National Commissions.
Application Deadline: no later than 20/08/2020