Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme: Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is delighted to announce call for scholarship applications for the 2021-2022 Academic Year .
The Bank funds and implements its scholarship programmes as part of its overall efforts to develop the human resources of its member countries and those of the Muslim communities in non-member countries. Applications are opened through the IsDB Scholarship portal to receive online applications on the following programmes
There are six scholarship programmes offered by IsDB
- Undergraduate Programme
- Master’s Programme
- PhD Programme and Post-doctoral Research Programme
- IsDB-ISFD for Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Bachelor studies for 21 Least Developed Member Countries
Benefits and Facilities
The programme covers the following items:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study.
- Tuition fees as charged by the university and approved by the IsDB.
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government/public hospitals.
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of study) and installation allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
- Thesis preparation Allowance.
The Programme is open for academically meritorious students and mid-career professionals from member countries and Muslim Communities in non-member countries. Candidates MUST ensure that they meet all the criteria of the programme listed hereunder, failing which the Application will not be considered:
- Must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Candidate from non-member countries must be a Muslim.
- Must have minimum of 70% in his/her high school final GPA/Bachelor studies’ GPA.
- Must choose a field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme.
- Must provide certified English or French translation of all documents in case if they are initially in other languages.
- Must provide evidence of language proficiency in university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS or passed required level test conducted such as by British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages).
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during study.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Candidates granted the Scholarship are expected to:
- Sign the IsDB’s prescribed Scholarship Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and to serve his/her communities and countries upon graduation.
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis without interruption and provide the IsDB with progress reports on their studies on a regular basis.
- Not to seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the Programme.
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of the IsDB.
- Register and join the IsDB Alumni after graduation to network with other alumnus and keep updating the IsDB about their progress and achievements in their communities/countries.
- Refund 50% of the total amount spent on their study after graduation and securing gainful employment, in easy installments, to Local Education Trust Fund (LETF) established by the IsDB in their countries.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
For more information, Visit the Official Webpage