METI Japan Internship Program” will facilitate strengthening the structure for tackling overseas development of Japanese (Small and Medium-Sized) companies through accepting foreign university students and global talent. This year, in view of the new coronavirus, we conduct online internships (telework-type internships) that do not involve traffic of the people and aim to achieve the following results.
The Japanese companies’ promoting overseas business expansion and creating innovation from a new point of view, utilizing highly-skilled foreign professionals are considered to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of Japanese companies.
METI Government of Japan Internship Program Details
Organiser: The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) in partnership with the Government of Japan
Eligible Countries: International
Target Group: Highly-skilled foreign professionals
- Only one group: From 1st December to 23rd December 2020/ From 18th January, 2021 to 3rd February, 2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December 2020 to 17th January, 2021)
Benefits of METI Japan Internship Program
- Daily allowance (as an expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- Internship insurance
- PC, Lan , WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office.(Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self .)
Eligibility Criteria For METI Japan Internship Program 2020
Persons who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan, Nationality of OECD countries which is on DAC list (Excluding China).
*FY2016 to 2019 participants of this program are not eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in an internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in an internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably applicants should please confirm and agree with the following important points before signing your application.
Deadline: October 15, 2020