KCA DEUTAG NIGERIA LIMITED is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. KCA Deutag Nigeria Limited operates approximately 90 drilling rigs in 20 countries employing people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
KCA Deutag Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: DRILLING SUPERINTENDENT
Job Location: N/A
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Drilling Superintendent is responsible for the efficient and cost-effective management and control of operations on the drilling Rig under his authority and for the safety of all persons working thereon.
Area(s) of Responsibility:
- Safety, operational and financial performance for Rigs under his authority. Drill crew utilisation and sub-Contractors management where appropriate.
- Liaises with Toolpusher
- Manage the operations assigned to them and ensure that they meet contractual quality and performance criteria.
- Supervise those to whom they delegate responsibility, and to ensure the effective operation of supporting services under their control or provided by departments within the Company.
- Ensure that all good programmes are executed properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with Company, Client and relevant Country regulations and guidelines.
- Liaise at all times with their Operations Managers on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct technical appraisals of drilling and workover programmes, ensuring that any improvements, concerns or remedial actions required, are brought to the attention of the client.
- Provide advice and guidance to their Tool pushers.
- Ensure that critical performance evaluations of specialist sub-contractors are conducted and findings reported to the Operations Manager and client.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all problem events including accidents/incidents.
- Take an active role in pre-spud and end-of-well meetings, (if applicable) ensuring that complete reporting is undertaken and that all learning points are brought to the attention of the Operations Manager and the client.
- Ensure the Rig is maintained in accordance with Company and Industry standards and that all mandatory and other Operating Certificates are maintained up to date.
- Advise management on matters affecting the interpretation of the contracts affecting Rigs under their control and to deal with day-to-day contractual matters as directed.
- Review the performance evaluation of the personnel on the rig in terms of contracted requirements.
- Liaise and support the Toolpusher in terms of human resource utilisation and development.
- Initiate investigations and remedial actions on equipment, structural or system failures affecting the Rigs under his authority.
- Ensure the timely requisition of all materials, equipment and services to the correct specification for the execution of well operations.
- Ensure control and effective tracking of Company moveable assets assigned to the Rig(s).
- Insert safety responsibilities e.g. knowledge of safety system.
- Where necessary emergency response.
- Monitor attitude towards safety.
- Good understanding of finances.
- Assist with tender documents.
- Ensure that the Rigs and Operations meet Clients expectations
- Development opportunities for personnel they supervise or methods of work.
Systems and Processes
- Management System – identify – improvements to.
- Competency, performance appraisal.
- 3 years in DS position with an international drilling company.
- 7 years as a Toolpusher or Drilling Project Manager.
- 10 years experience on a land drilling rigs in all job positions.
- Minimum of 1-year international experience.
- Well Control and Blowout Prevention Certificate, supervisory level.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (Degree in Engineering is preferred)
- Certificate in drilling technique (Drilling school- section Drilling Supervisor or Deutag Drilling Coarse-level 1 & 2 or Shell- round 1&2 or similar training certificate)
- Have work experience in HPHT drilling.
- Attended Stuck Pipe course
- Basic knowledge regarding electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Experience with MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Outlook, Acrobat pro, Project Manager.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP-based maintenance systems.
- Familiar with cost Control, reporting and verification.
- Familiar with material stock control.
Required Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivator,
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in good English
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Available to work international for KCA Deutag.
- Be flexible to work outside the normal hours if the situation requires that.
- Training and coaching capabilities are mandatory.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send in an application to be accompanied with all credentials and CV to Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks from the date of this publication.
Visit KCA DEUTAG NIGERIA LIMITED Official Website for more details