KulturStudier Scholarship – The Norwegian organization Kulturstudier (Culture Studies) is offering scholarships to a one semester’s university undergraduate course in Global Environmental Studies in Cape Coast, Ghana. The program is offered in cooperation with Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, which issues internationally transferable university credits (30 ECTS credits – European Credit Transfer System)*. Applicants must have completed at least one year of university studies.
KulturStudier Scholarship Details
Eligible Countries: Ghana
Type: Undergraduate degree
Eligible Field of Studies: The bursary is available for an undergraduate degree in global environmental studies at the university.
- 6 weeks of self-study with e-mail based supervision
- 10 weeks of full-time studies in Cape Coast starting September 5 for the autumn semester
- Individual home exam
The Scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees and course literature
- Breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday during the 10 weeks in Cape Coast.
- Accommodation (in double or multiple rooms shared with other students)
- Daily transport Hostel/Study Centre
- Monthly allowance for basic expenses during 10 weeks in Cape Coast.
- Applicants must be classed a domestic student only
- Applicants must be admitted in an undergraduate degree in the given field
- Applicants must have an excellent history in academics.
- Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability through various certificates like GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
The applicants are required to hand in:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with references.
- A short paper
- A motivation letter
- Certificate of Undergraduate Studies or a transcript documenting successful completion of minimum 1 year of university studies, and a copy of Senior Secondary Education Certificate.
- The short paper should be between 1000 – 1400 words and be a response to the following statement:
Development can never be sustainable. Discuss using two or more examples of environmental issues in
Ghana to support your argument.
- The Motivation-letter should be approximately 500 words and answer the following questions:
- What makes you a good candidate for the course?
- Why you wish to study Global environmental studies?
- What will the knowledge from the course mean for your future career/work/life plans?
- DO NOT register online if you are applying for the scholarship.
- The course is full time and cannot be combined with other courses/commitments (e.g. work, National
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, or for further information, please contact Kulturstudier at
firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Scholarship Ghana” as the subject of the e-mail.For information about the
programme, visit www.kulturstudier.com/global-environmental-management.
*We advice the applicant to check in advance with his/her university if these credits are transferable, as this might be different from
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021