Social Innovators Programme 2020 Details
Organizer: LEAP Africa in partnership with Union Bank
Eligible Countries: Anglophone African countries (Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leon, Liberia and Ghana, Anglo-Cameroon).
Duration: One-year fellowship
- Access to an established faculty and curriculum to equip you to build an effective system and sustainable structures in your enterprise.
- Access to a support ecosystem of professionals as mentors, advisory services, skills and other resources towards enterprise growth.
- Access to impact investment opportunities and funding partnerships from local and international partners.
- Opportunity to build valuable networks and partnerships to amplify your enterprise credibility both locally and internationally.
- A chance to win NGN 1,000,000 (or its USD equivalent) as sustainability grant award from Union Bank at the end of the fellowship year.
- Young women and men between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leon, Liberia and Ghana.
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation, located in Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leon, Liberia and Ghana.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/ enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
What are we looking for?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Following a shortlisting process, 25 candidates will be selected into the programme. These shortlisted participants will be inducted into the Fellowship at the 2020 SIP Awards, scheduled for October virtually.
How to Apply
All applicants must fill the application form and submit via the link provided below
Source Website: Leap Africa
Application Deadline: September 6, 2020.