The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs.
- Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2021 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2020
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2020 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2020 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2021
Please note the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto does not interact with agencies or educational “agents” in order to recruit students or offer scholarships. Please be cautioned against any agents providing false acceptances or requiring fees for unaffiliated third parties. Pearson Scholarship recipients can only be nominated by their current secondary school through our online process and the scholarship is available only to undergraduate degree applicants. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
For More Information: