Asia Pacific University Japan is inviting application from International students for Mext (UR) Scholarship. The Scholarships are available for applicants who have first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
MEXT (UR) SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
Host University: Asia Pacific University Japan
Degree Type: Masters, PhD & MBA
Eligible Countries: International (national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan)
Value of Award:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1986
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
How to Apply
- Submit the APU application by November 18, 2020 (for September 2021 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
- Kotzen Scholarships at Simmons University 2021 | Fully Funded
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2020 | Fully Funded
- Dell Scholars Program Award 2020/2021
- Davidson Fellows Scholarship for Gifted Students 2021
- DECA Scholarship Program for High School and College Students
- APIA Scholarship Application 2020/2021
- University of Nebraska Omaha Scholarships 2020
- Monash University Silver Jubilee PhD Scholarship 2021 (Fully Funded)
- APS Scholarships For Undergraduate Study in Physics.
- UAH Scholarships for International Students 2020
- Boren Scholarship Program for International Study
- University of Sussex Morris and Bessie Emanuel PhD Scholarship
- University of Leeds Scholarships for Masters Students
- Fairleigh Dickinson University Scholarships For International Students 2020
- University of Queensland PhD Scholarship for International Students 2020/21
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) at Universities Canada 2020