Microsoft AI for Health COVID-19 Grant Program – Given the urgency of the COVID-19 crisis, we are accepting requests in the AI for Health program for COVID-19 grant proposals from nonprofits, academia, and governments.
This grant program provides Azure cloud and High-Performance Computing capabilities. Our team of AI for Health data science experts, whose mission is to improve the health of people and communities worldwide, is also open to collaborations with COVID-19 researchers as they tackle this critical challenge. More broadly, Microsoft’s research scientists across the world, spanning computer science, biology, medicine, and public health, will also be available to provide advice and collaborate per mutual interest.
AI for Health is a new $60 million, a five-year philanthropic program from Microsoft, created to empower nonprofits, researchers, and organizations tackling some of the toughest challenges in global health.
- Open to nonprofits, researchers, and organizations tackling some of the toughest challenges in global health
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Potential benefits and clearly defined impact to the COVID-19 response
- Feasibility of the technical approach
- Need for Azure Computing and/or AI to solve the problem
- Knowledge and experience managing Azure within your organization
- Estimated computing resource requirements
Their efforts to support COVID-19-related research efforts will focus on five areas:
- Data and insights to inform for people’s safety and economic impacts
- Treatment and diagnostics, enabling research to further the development of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics
- Allocation of resources, including recommendations on the allocation of limited assets, such as hospital space and medical supplies
- Dissemination of accurate information to minimize misinformation sharing
- Scientific research to study and understand COVID-19.
How to Apply
To apply for a grant, you must prepare a description, no longer than three pages, of your proposal which covers the following questions. Do not include any proprietary information in proposals. It is expected that teams who receive AI for Health COVID-19 grants will publish their work and results in an open manner.
Visit the Official Website for more Microsoft AI for Health COVID-19 Grant details
Application Deadline: June 15th, 2020, or until further notice.