Mind & Brain and DAAD Scholarships are now open for the Best International Students applicants, Accepted students to the Berlin School of Mind and Brain of Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin who is looking at acquiring a degree program in Germany.
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain is a graduate institution of Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin. Our focus is on the interface between the humanities and behavioral sciences with the neurosciences. We offer a two-year Master’s degree and a three-year doctoral program.
Berlin School of Mind and Brain graduate program aims to connect cutting-edge research and excellent training at the interface between mind sciences and brain sciences.
Building on the thriving research environment in Berlin, the Berlin School of Mind and Brain focuses on six research topics covering important cognitive abilities, their development, and their disorders:
- Perception, attention, and consciousness
- Brain plasticity and lifespan ontogeny
- Brain disorders and mental dysfunction
- Social cognition / human sociality and the brain
Mind & Brain and DAAD Scholarships For Masters & Ph.D. Details
University: Berlin School of Mind and Brain of Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin
Scholarship: Mind & Brain and DAAD Scholarships
Course Level: Masters, PhD
- a scholarship installment of currently € 1,200 per month;
- travel allowance;
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
- a research allowance once of currently € 460 per year;
- under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits such as monthly rent subsidy, monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about € 200 child allowance per child and about € 275 marriage allowance);
- preliminary language course (if desired and possible with respect to the starting date of the scholarship);
- a material resource and supervision allowance of currently € 1,000 per year, which is paid upon application to the host institution.
- Letter of motivation
- Transcripts of records
- Certificates/diplomas of studies completed
- Recommendation letters
- CV (Research experience)
- Proof of proficiency in English for non-native speakers
Our doctoral program is conducted in English. If you are a non-native English speaker, we require proof of your proficiency. During the online application process, please upload a certificate providing proof of your English knowledge. The minimum demand is B2 which is equivalent to the following test scores:
- UNIcert® II Certificate: 3,0
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7,0
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE): B
- TOEFL: Internet-based test: 87 – Paper-based test: 560
- DAAD Language Certificate: C in all test sections (minimum requirement)
- Research proposal (5 pages text plus bibliography/references)
- Applicant must be the best international student coming to Germany from abroad especially for their doctoral studies or residing in Germany.
- The applicant must be interested in pursuing the Ph.D. degree program at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
- Applicants must have completed (or be in the process of completing) a Master’s degree (with a thesis, usually two years) in a field related or relevant to mind–brain research
How To Apply:
For receiving this grant, applicants are needed to be enrolling in the Ph.D. degree coursework at Berlin School of Mind and Brain through its online application tool. Once selected by the Berlin School of Mind and Brain for membership in the school, the school’s admission committee will select those international students most suitable for the opportunity.
- You will have to apply to the Berlin School of Mind and Brain through our Online Application Tool first.
- Once selected by the Berlin School of Mind and Brain for membership in the school (i.e., after your successful application and successful interview), the school’s admission committee will select from the group of successful international applicants those international students most suitable for the DAAD scholarships.
- After receiving positive notification from us, the successful student will have to send her/his application also to DAAD, for additional confirmation by the DAAD board.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2021