The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to promote academic excellence and Nigerian Content to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
4TH NCDMB ANNUAL NATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE ESSAY COMPETITION
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- for 1st place – N1,000,000 ,
- for 2nd place – N500,000 ,
- for 3rd place – N300,000 .
- 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
- Open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria.
- Original works specifically written for the competition.
- a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- Written Essay on the Topic:
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AS A LEVER FOR LOCAL CONTENT IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA’S OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
3. Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 WORDS.
4. Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST ACCOMPANY THE MANUSCRIPT.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Entrants’ NAMES SHALL NOT APPEAR ON THE MANUSCRIPT, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT ie your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.
- Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted
How to Apply
Interested and suitably candidates can participate in the competition by submitting completed manuscripts and accompanying documents on NCDMB Online Portal. Candidates must first Get Registered on this website Login and click on the Submit Essay button at the top menu, paste your Essay Content on the form after filling all the necessary inputs.
Deadline: before 25th September 2020
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted FOR THE VIRTUAL INTERACTIVE ASSESSMENT to defend their submitted essays.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 16th October, 2020.
- The virtual award ceremony comes up 27th October, 2020
Source Website: http://ncdmbessay.com/