Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology (NOGTech) Hackathon Contest is a call for innovation from innovators, technologists, and other young science enthusiasts for submissions. Supported by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) in partnership with Learners Support Consultancy Company
The NCDMB initiative is the first-ever technology hackathon in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry and is aimed at fostering innovations in the oil and gas industry as well as creating a platform for the proliferation of Local Content.
The NOGTECH program aims to address the challenges faced by the nation’s oil and gas industry and its linkage sectors by ideating, developing, and prototyping digital technology solutions that solve related problems. The program will promote innovation by offering seed funding, business mentorship, and incubation to the winning ideas. It will also provide an opportunity to create world-class solutions for operators and service organizations within the industry and other linkage sectors.
Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology (NOGTech) Hackathon Contest Details
Organizers: NCDMB in partnership with Learners Support Consultancy Company
Eligible Group: innovators, technologists, and other young science enthusiasts
Number of Awards: Five winning teams
The NOGTECH program aims to address the challenges faced by the nation’s oil and gas industry and its linkage sectors by ideating, developing, and prototyping digital technology solutions that solve related problems.
The five winning teams will get
- $10,000 equity-free grants each.
- Get work-space, expert mentors, global partners and
- Unprecedented market access over three-months,
- Become commercial and investor-ready
The following conditions are required to be eligible to participate:
- Must be a team/company of at least two or more members with at least 75% of the founding team as Nigerians
- Team/Company must be a registered or intending to register as a for-profit business entity (enterprise or limited liability company)
- The solution described in response to the challenge must be driven by digital technology at its core (Software, Hardware or both)
- The solution is either idea stage, prototype level, or a launched solution that hasn’t gained commercial traction.
- Must be available to participate in a 3-day hackathon as well as a 3-month incubation if selected
- The developed solutions are connectable and quickly achievable.
Thematic Focus Themes
The seven main thematic Focus themes to help spark your ideas! Participants are to submit digital technology solutions to challenges that fall under the broad themes below;
- Tackling the rising problem of Pipeline Vandalism
- Cyber-Physical risks identification, mitigation, and management
- Digitization of Renewables Energy in Nigeria
- Skills demand and talent supply challenges.
- Best practice in transparency, accountability, and civic engagement
- Tackling legacy supply chain and logistics challenges for all industries
- Solving Nigeria’s Healthcare problems
How to Participate
Interested participants are invited to submit solutions by applying online.
For more details, visit the Official Webpage.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to participate in an all-expense-paid 3-day hackathon. During this time, shortlisted participants will have 72hrs to collaborate, build their prototypes, or fine-tune existing prototypes.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2020.