The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional, and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equity Products Manager
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Report to: Head – Secondary Markets Department
Grade: Deputy Manager – Senior Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, August 3, 2020
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional, and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
- The Equities Product Manager will also become the “product advocate” by proactively disseminating related information while communicating the product message.
- The candidate is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilizing internal and external data/information resources) to create a competitive platform that enables stakeholders to realize their investment objectives.
- The Equities Product Manager will oversee all functions pertaining to the equities product line with the overall goal of ensuring that Equities products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by the number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with the overall goals of the product management department.
- Enhance the market microstructure (in areas such as transaction fees, market making, securities lending and short selling, and market quality) to increase product profitability
- Drive review and amendment of trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading inequities
- Maintain relationships with broker-dealers, market makers, Institutional Investors and other trading participants locally and internationally
- Serve as a proactive resource to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train them on product attributes and new initiatives
- Coordinate and operate investor education in partnership with other stakeholders on E based products
- Catalyze the adoption of global best practices in sales practice, Equities order handling, trade execution, trade reporting, and other initiatives that will enhance the client experience when interacting in the Nigerian securities market
- Liaise with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the Equities product line
- Work with market participants to increase market liquidity inequities and consider questions such as appropriateness of algorithmic trading in the Nigerian market, length of trading hours, stock circuit breakers, best execution statistic, Opening, and Closing auctions, etc
- Coordinate and partner with other Secondary Market team members and stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs
- Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties
- Analyze new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Continuously monitor industry trends and competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Finance or business-related areas
- A post-graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (eg CIS, CFA, Finra series 7 and 24) will be an added advantage
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role
- Capital Market Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Good Understanding of Market Statistics
- Knowledge of order flow drivers and the ecosystem
- Understanding of Financial Markets and Investment Strategies
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Strategic Planning & Analytical
- Attention to Detail
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Team Player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Visit the Official Webpage for more details
Application Deadline 2nd June 2020.