NSP Scholarships: National Scholarships Portal is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled.
This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries account without any leakages.
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
NSP Scholarships 2020 Details
Supported By: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
Eligible Countries: Indians and Non-Indians students
Degree Type: Secondary and Higher Secondary Stage
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum period of four years.
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
An awardee is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:
- takes up studies in approved courses.
- maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in a Government/Government-aided /Local Body school.
- The students should be studying as a regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Does not take up any job.
- No claim for scholarship arrears will be entertained after the expiry of 12 months of the academic session for which one has applied for the claim.
- In case any awardee leaves his/her course of study within one month of registration/admission, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- The scholarship shall be deemed to be discontinued any gap of one academic session in studies at any time due to any reason.
- Scholarship once discontinued on the basis of the rules of disbursement of scholarship cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- All rules are subject to change from time to time, as and when required, which will be
binding on all awardees
- List of Documents required
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mineworkers).
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque(which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary)
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
How to Apply
Students applying for the scholarship for the first time need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant, using the icon “New Registration” at NSP Portal URL – https://scholarships.gov.in/, by providing the accurate and correct information as per their documents.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Deadline: October 31, 2020