The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. We are currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. We especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program Details
The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments/units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund. The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments/units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
YPDP participants spend at least 50 percent of the program in a ‘home’ department/unit and rotate to other departments for the remainder of their time. This enables participants to broaden their experience and benefit from differing coaching and mentoring styles while building their professional network.
Duration: Two-year program
Benefits of OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program
The YPDP offers
- training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different departments and access to professional networks.
- Participants after successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
To be selected for the YPDP program, applicants must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- specialize in development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
In fewer than 1,000 words, please write an original essay addressing
- the potential of development actors such as the OPEC Fund to help developing countries overcome obstacles to social, environmental and economic progress, and
- about how you would hope to contribute to development if you were selected to work for the OPEC Fund. You may focus on a region or set of countries and / or your area of expertise to formulate your essay.
Method of Application
Candidates should apply through the Online Application form
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please submit the application essay and transcripts under the ‘Additional Documents’ section in the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at email@example.com with new contact details should they change during the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the below guidelines.
- the OPEC Fund will only consider applications from candidates who meet the above criteria and submit an official online application before the deadline of September 21, 2020.
- OPEC will only reach out to short-listed candidates.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is September 21, 2020. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
Visit the Official Webpage for more details