Point Engineering Limited is a Nigerian company dedicated to providing responsive high quality engineering, procurement, construction and installation services to clients
Application is invited to fill the position below;
Job Title: COMMISIONING ELECTRICAL SPECIALIST
Commissioning Electrical Specialist is a key participant in administering and executing an integrated commissioning /start-up program with special emphasis on Power and Electrical Control and Management System (ECMS). He/she is responsible for the transfer of systems from the Construction groups through the Commissioning phase and the handover to the Company operations for start-up and plant operations. He/she enables effective execution of power and ECMS commissioning / acceptance tasks and identification / mitigation of “look ahead” activities critical to ensuring an orderly integration of the start-up program to a fully operable facility. Provides guidance, training, and oversight to Contractor’s Electrical Commissioning Organization. High focus on safety and implementation of Controls and work practices to facilitate energized testing and commissioning in a construction environment. Additional focus on electrical punch lists and the identification and resolution of same.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent the Commissioning Lead and seek consultation with him/her on electrical completion decisions
- Under auspices of the Commissioning Lead, steward and manage the EPCM Contractor to:
- Provide onsite leadership in ensuring safe execution of electrical, systems completions and commissioning.
- Provide guidance and participate in activities concerning Mechanical Completion, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Turnover of electrical systems
- Provide assistance in development of Commissioning Management Procedures and participate/lead functional and inspection checks, startup and operating, loop testing, Permit to Work (PTW), and preparation of Completion Dossiers, etc.
- Participate and provide input to FAT plans and schedules
- Lead and participate in Systems Completion acceptance processes including punch list activities and management of same for electrical and systems
- Provide commissioning input for specific electrical equipment and systems Safety and Operability reviews.
- Review electrical and ECMS Startup and Operating manuals and spares
- Develop interface/transition to steady state operations of electrical equipment and systems
- Ensure electrical and ECMS commissioning procedures, work packs, and Turnover and Completion Packages (TCP’s) are developed and implemented in accordance with Systems Completion Specification
- Use the Completion Management System (WinPCS) for electrical and ECMS completion and certification
- Provide input into Commissioning Execution Plan for rollup into an Integrated Field Plan
- Ensure utilization of a computerized Completion Management System (WinPCS) for tracking, certification, and quality purposes. Monitor proper database population of engineering parameters, checksheets, and verification criteria for instrumentation and control equipment. Witness and approval of relevant discipline check sheets.
- As a key member of the COMPANY team attend the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT’s) of all the major electrical equipment
- Ensures Operations representatives receive proper familiarization and training on all electrical equipment and systems according to the requirements the Operability Management Plan
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years experience in Oil & Gas industry and commissioning
- Experience in commissioning of ECMS (Electrical Control and Management System) and on site supervision of specialist electrical vendors.
- Direct “hands on” experience in plant/system start-up
- Experience in brownfield commissioning and integration with existing operations.
- Working understanding of Project completions and commissioning practices
- Proficient in MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to email@example.com using the job title as the name
Visit the Point Engineering Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 11/12/2020