Serviteco Limited (RC 370372) was incorporated in Nigeria in 1999, as a Limited Liability Company. Currently, Serviteco Limited has a share capital of 30 million. Our business concept is to operate a disciplined and customer-oriented philosophy. To achieve this vision, the emphasis is placed on the commitment to company integrity with the utmost efficiency in the areas of personnel and equipment deployment.
Serviteco Limited invites Applications to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal SPM & Oil Offloading System Construction Engineer
Location: Niger Delta – Bonga Southwest / Aparo (BSWA)
The BSWA Principal SPM and Oil Offloading System Construction Engineer accountabilities include:
- To Champion and deliver excellent Project HSSE Performance and Providing authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, implementation of Nigerian Content Development (NCD), and cost leadership in a Nigerian environment.
- Development of Construction Project Work Plans (PWP).
- To manage the Construction quality assurance and quality control of the construction process, site selection, site surveys, cost estimating, planning and scheduling, construction safety engineering, materials procurement, and cost engineering and budgeting.
- To Organise and manage the Offshore Construction Team activities for overall planning and execution of the Offshore programme.
- To manage and maintain Project Alignments with Contractors and Project Teams.
- Support Personnel Recruitment for the Sites with mobilisation and transition planning aspects as required.
- Development of Site Quality Management Plan (QMP), audit schedule and Contractor Compliance Specifications.
- Management of Interface Requirements for the transitions from Onshore fabrications to Offshore Planning and Execution.
- Ensuring Compliance with Design basis for fabrication, installation and hook-up operations.
- Assurance of Construction Execution Phase Deliverables.
- Manage Constructability considerations and requirements and ensure that they are incorporated through all project phases to be able to execute the construction plans in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the execution of site survey and preparation in accordance with the approved project schedule and manage relevant community interests to avoid undue conflict of interests.
- Manage the development and approval of project implementation and contracting strategies, aimed at completion of the project on schedule and within the allocated budget.
- Manage the development of construction contracts, pre-qualification/selection of bidders, tendering, evaluation and award, and ensure contractor’s HSE plans are in accordance with the Company’s HSE and technical specifications, policies and procedures.
- Manage a diverse skill pool of Construction (Onshore Fabrication, Offshore Installation, Offshore Facilities, Inspection engineering) professionals in applying the in-depth technical expertise required for the design, fabrication, and installation of Deepwater projects.
- Provide guidance, challenges, technical input and support to ensure projects are adequately staffed, CTRs are in place, technical reviews conducted, approved work processes are utilized and proper interactions with customers and stakeholders are functioning.
- Manage the development of detailed project execution plans and ensure stakeholders involvement, considering options, constraints and contingencies with respect to external factors e.g. materials procurement and logistics, manpower availability and third-party interests.
- Initiate, lead and/or participate in audits and reviews, QRAs, HAZOPs, HAZID’s, ITRs, IDRs and ensure follow-up of recommendations, and document the process.
- Implement a change control system for field and design changes, and ensure appropriate authorization of all proposed changes (MOC).
- Manage the pre- and live commissioning of the facilities, ensure completeness of the hand-over package (spare parts and documentation) upon hand-over to the Asset holder, and provide resources for the close out of outstanding punch list items.
- Coach and develop staff to ensure Project engineering construction skilled technical capacity and capability is available to execute the global Deepwater projects portfolio. Develop the Nigerian skill pool in a planned succession of capabilities to local staff through mentoring, coaching and assignment of work tasks & training
- Develop and implement construction strategies that enable projects to be executed to benchmarked world-class standards, and continually improve upon them. Support development of cost and schedule estimates for fabrication and construction work scopes.
- Manage the use of relevant Shell standards, specifications and design processes. Promote flawless project delivery and start-up principles throughout the organisation. Specify quality verification requirements and ensure the provision of quality verification resources.
- Strong knowledge of SPMs and Offloading systems including interface with Subsea and Pipelines.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between executing projects and ensure the capture and implementation of lessons learned.
- Develop and manage a Contractor and Supplier base of support for the Construction managed portions of projects. Participate in the management of strategic relationships with specifically identified engineering and construction contractors
A university degree in Marine, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering discipline with 12 years’ experience in Project Engineering, of which at least 10 years’ experience directly related to delivery of SPMs and Offloading System scope in Deepwater Mega Project Construction Engineering Management with emphasis in design and Execute phase (detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up).
- The position will appeal to persons who have previously had overall responsibility for the fabrication and construction of large and complex oil and gas facilities for offshore applications and particularly in SPMs and oil offloading systems.
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of Deepwater SPMs and Offloading System systems design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major Deepwater project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Previous experience on in-country fabrication & construction experience of Deepwater buoys.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- He/she shall meet the requirement of a COREN registered or registerable engineer.
- Appointed or Qualified for TA2 role in Subsea Controls Engineering.
- Assessed at or immediately ready for assessment at Shell Global Project Engineering Skill pool (GPES) Level 1.
- Strong working knowledge of a broad range of SPM and offloading facilities and project engineering systems, buoy and moorings industry design codes, standards, class rules, criteria, tools and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, well-developed communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Ability to effectively function in a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
- Proven track record of having successfully delivered at least one major (>$500 million) E&P project.
- Broad knowledge of Deepwater Construction design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation with a fair amount of depth in at least one main system (subsea, pipeline, topsides, host, etc.).
- HSE commitment and leadership
- Knowledge of key external stakeholders’ needs and business drivers, including economic, political, environmental, and social issues.
- Commercially astute and “streetwise”. Proven track record in commercial negotiations and contractor management.
- High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals
Maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and culture, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.