Serviteco Limited (RC 370372) was incorporated in Nigeria in 1999, as a Limited Liability Company. Currently, Serviteco Limited has a share capital of 30 million. Our business concept is to operate a disciplined and customer-oriented philosophy. To achieve this vision, the emphasis is placed on the commitment to company integrity with the utmost efficiency in the areas of personnel and equipment deployment.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: PRINCIPAL SUBSEA HARDWARE ENGINEER
Location: Niger Delta
The Principal Subsea Hardware Engineer shall be responsible for safe delivery of the BSWA Subsea Hardware scope through to First Oil, and work with other discipline groups within the project to deliver a totally integrated subsea system, safely, to the specified quality, within budget and schedule. She/he will drive the subsea hardware engineering activities through the tendering, detail design, manufacturing, offshore installation and commissioning of the subsea hardware system.
Scope of delivery includes subsea tree systems (Tree, Tubing Hanger and Tubing Head Spool), production and water injection manifolds, gas lift manifolds, IWOCS/CWOR system, ROV tooling, tie-in/connection system and provision of installation and pre-commissioning support. She/he will be responsible for providing engineering and co-ordination skills to the BSWA project team towards achieving Top Quartile delivery of the subsea hardware aspect of the project.
A major element of the Principal Subsea Hardware Engineer’s job is the execution of a substantial part of the Subsea Hardware fabrication in-country and offshore installation of the Subsea Hardware facilities in the BSWA field. The job promises the most in terms of Nigerian Content (NC) delivery and also comes with significant interfaces. With such high visibility, the potential for reputational and cost impact exists.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Deliver the Subsea Hardware scope for the BSWA deepwater project in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- Drive the project subsea hardware engineering activities during tendering, detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support offshore commissioning.
- Address subsea hardware related queries and technical clarification questions from vendors, develop technical evaluation criteria and deliver the technical evaluation of the subsea hardware scope.
- Ensure that all deliverables, as defined in the Project Controls and Assurance Plan (PCAP) are completed successfully.
- Drive the identification, maturation and deployment of value-adding new technologies and innovations to optimise the subsea hardware scope.
- Develop/review schedules as required for own discipline activities and determine the deliverables and hold points necessary to meet the project requirements.
- Drive progress of the subsea hardware scope throughout the project phases and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, schedule, cost, production ramp-up, operability, reliability and availability.
- Ensure the equipment are installed correctly via the creation of detailed installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Provide subsea hardware engineering inputs in technical reviews and contribute to the management of change process to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Ensure development of fit for purpose quality plan and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) for the subsea hardware and support recruitment and assignment of experienced QA/QC personnel to support equipment delivery.
- Carry out lessons learned workshops and after-action reviews to catalogue all lessons learned for lateral application on other projects.
- Provide technical mentoring & coaching for less experienced staff.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company guidelines and policies.
- Support the Subsea Package Lead in managing the commercial scope, and in the management of external stakeholders and unit partners.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities in the Shell Group to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Ensure system-wide integration and integrity are managed. Manage interfaces with other EPC contracts, and the project Subsea and Pipeline Team including implementation of required technical assurance on own scope.
- Ensure the project Nigerian Content targets for the subsea hardware scope are achieved.
- Manage the HSSE performance of contractors during execution to ensure HSSE targets are achieved or exceeded – make HSSE a priority.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
The Principal Subsea Hardware Engineer shall have a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 12 years’ experience in upstream Exploration & Production projects with an emphasis on Design and Execution in a deepwater environment. At least 10 years’ experience directly related to the delivery of Subsea Hardware packages. He/She shall meet the following requirements;
- A COREN registered or registerable engineer.
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of deepwater subsea hardware design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving subsea hardware design and installation.
- Previous experience in the delivery of an Integrated Workover Control System (IWOCS) and Completion Workover Riser System (CWOR) will be an advantage.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Experienced in managing major EPC contracts.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with the ability to think outside-the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders, and host government agencies.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Able to identify opportunities for optimizing SURF systems designs, reducing operating costs and proposing technically robust solutions to deliver value.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and qualifications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Visit the Serviteco Limited Official Website for more details
Application Closing Date
8th October 2020.