Rhodes Scholarship 2020 Class – The Rhodes Trust is pleased to announce its full Class of 2020 Rhodes Scholars, who will arrive at Rhodes House at the University of Oxford, in autumn 2020.
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford. Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
Rhodes Scholarships 2020 Details
Host Institution(s): Oxford University in UK
Number of Scholarships: A class of 95 Scholars is selected each year
Degree Level: Masters/PhD Degree
Level/Fields of study: Subject to limited restrictions, Rhodes Scholars may study any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Duration: The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
Students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP), United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- the University application fee;
- a living stipend (£15,144 per annum );
- one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following the election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
Method of Application
All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships in the country-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country.
Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year. Deadline varies per country but is around July-October of the preceding year you wish to study.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For students who are not for existing Rhodes constituencies, you can apply to Global Rhodes Scholarship 2020.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in UK