Romanian Government Scholarships: The Romanian Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers scholarships to foreign citizens to study for Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral Degrees for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Scholarship Coverage of Romanian Government Scholarships
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
Field of Study
The courses are:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Oil & Gas Management
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Veterinary medicine
- political and administrative sciences
- technical studies
Eligibility Criteria for Romanian Government Undergraduate Scholarship
- Citizens of non-EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) are eligible to apply.
- Priority is given to citizens from non-EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
- Not more than 35 years of age for Bachelor
Documents Required for Application
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (APPENDIX 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MER application form (APPENDIX 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas
- Legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Copy of the birth certificate
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport
- The medical certificate
- Recent photos
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Romanian Government on www.mae.ro to apply
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of the candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
NB: Language of Study: In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. Students who declare that they know Romanian language will have to pass a language test organized by competent higher education institutions.
For more details, visit the scholarship webpage
April 30, 2021