Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: SERVICES MANAGER Q7000
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: OIM/Master
- A key member of the vessel management team, the Services Manager will ensure all catering and cleaning services are delivered to Company standards, adhering to health and safety guidelines at all time and maintaining effective stock control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act, all other applicable regulations and all industry standards and guidelines.
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested.
- Ensure that standards related to food and cleaning services are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the Food Safety Act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene).
- Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company specifications.
- As required, undertake baking and butchery to the appropriate standards.
- Ensure that hygiene standards of personnel working and of those for whom they are responsible meet both the Company and Statutory requirements.
- Assist management to ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include: managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and controlling food costs; managing galley cleaning rotas; menu compilation and galley waste segregation.
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and all defects are reported.
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage, unfit food and other irregularities and take such corrective action as may be delegated.
- Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary.
- Fully support and participate in all Company safety initiatives.
- Identify personal training requirements.
- Take personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements.
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency.
- Consistently meet all budget requirements by ensuring efficient use of all resources and maximising their performance.
- Setting an example, act as a focal point, for ongoing compliance relating to all Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- By action and appropriate delegation ensure all Company systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide back up and support for appropriate emergency response duties in accordance with Company safety and emergency procedures.
- Responsibility for the work of others:
- Giving guidance and support to all the catering team.
- Conducting, monitoring and evaluating training for the catering team.
- Organising/planning continuity of work and provision of service.
- Monitoring and maintaining levels of conduct and work performance.
- Maintain health and safety, and hygiene standards to a very high level taking into account Company Health & Safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Responsibility for machinery/equipment/materials/consumables:
- Ensure correct use and safe operations of all machinery, making sure these are kept clean and hygienic.
- Basic maintenance and preparation for use.
- Training of others in the correct and safe methods of use and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Proper stock rotation ensuring stock date is in date order.
- Disposing of all out of date stock in accordance with Company procedures.
- Responsible for the delivery and orders of all consumables, stock-taking, monitoring stock consumption and the correct and effective use of all consumables.
- Ensuring, by demonstrating a complete understanding of the level of service provided, that all catering services are delivered to the required standard including encouraging feedback from others, suggesting improvements where possible and participate in remedial action or improvement opportunities.
- Identify personal training needs and the needs of the team.
- Participate in inspections and contribute to the process of identifying and implementing improvements.
Communication/Contact with Others:
- Reporting faults to line supervisor or department supervisor.
- Investigate and report complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues.
Health and Safety:
- Fully participate in all Company safety initiatives.
- Attend HSE onshore meetings as and when necessary.
- Ensure all members of the team embrace the Company’s health and safety procedures and that these are known, understood and adhered to.
- Ensure all training initiatives identified are delivered to maintain existing safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Act as muster checker and various personnel management administrative duties as assigned by the OIM/Master.
- Conduct LQ inspections with the OIM and identify areas of improvement/maintenance required.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Proficiency in ISO9001-2015, ISO14001-2015, ISO22000-2005 and OHSAS18001-2007
- MLC 2006 Compliant Ship’s Cook’s Certificate: Part 1 (entry-level) & Part 2 (advanced)
- Food Safety Level 2 (Minimum entry-level) • Food Safety Level 3 (HACCP Management)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (STCW Code A-VI/1-4)
- Proficient in Microsoft software packages (i.e Office and Outlook)
- Security Awareness
- OGUK Medical
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 5+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020