Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
- Carry out risk assessments and develop a strategy to reduce risks.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment
- Conducts toolbox meetings
- Participate in the project safety committee and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Reviews and approves all subcontractorТs safety plans in line with SCNL standard
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Promotes safe practises at the job site
- Enforces safety guidelines
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
- Conducts job hazard analyses
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed
- Performs emergency response drills
- Ensure the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
- Arranges for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants
- B.SC./HND in Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Steel Fabrication industry;
- Possession of relevant QHSE certificates and NISP Level 3 will be added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship
- Vast knowledge of safety procedures in the oil & Gas, fabrication and EPC industry.
- Sound human relation and planning processes
- Relevant Engineering or Manufacturing health, safety and environment experience.
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Good understanding/experience of safety procedural standards.
- Computer literacy. Drive and Initiative.