Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: DRILLER (Days/Nights)
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Rig Superintendent
- The Driller is the onsite focal point for all well operations activities, under the overall management of the Rig Superintendent. The Driller is responsible for directly supervising onsite well operations activities and for ensuring that the operation is completed safely & efficiently in accordance with the approved program and Company policies & procedures.
- The Driller will be conversant with all statutory requirements relating to Well Control and Well Intervention, with all personnel directly or indirectly involved with well operations conforming to the instructions issued by them. The Driller will liaise with the Toolpusher and Client Representative regarding any changes to the approved well program and communicate these requested changes to all personnel working under their supervision as per the Company’s management system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities will include:
- Review, understand and comply with the company Management System, ensuring crew also comply with Management System.
- Understand and comply with the Helix MoC system and process.
- Responsible for ensuring the crew execute the project activities using the safe systems of work and safety tools required as per the Company’s Risk Management system, including but not limited to pre-shift meetings, TBTs, TOFS, ORs, Daily Drills and weekly safety meetings with their crew.
- Active participation in the Helix Risk Management process for all rig activities and that the risks and controls are communicated to all personnel, responsible for ensuring all personnel under their supervision are clear as regards their role.
- Review the company’s Safety Notices on each occasion of joining the rig.
- Comply with any written dispensation approval for any activity to be conducted which may be in breach of Company Policy, particularly regarding the Barrier Policy.
- Responsible Person as per the requirements of the Helix PTW system (op/saf/gen/1).
- Ensure regular safety inspections and housekeeping/asset inspections are conducted and the standard and quality of the asset are maintained. • Report all damage and incidents to the Toolpusher and/or Rig Superintendent.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and rig maintenance team to maintain rig equipment.
- Instigate DROPS inspections, ensuring actions are corrected, reported & logged in the DROPS register as per the Company’s management system.
- Conduct Emergency Disconnection Drills as instructed by the Toolpusher and/or Rig Superintendent, ensuring they are fully conversant in the operation and Cause and Effects.
- Conduct Well Control Drills frequently to ensure that operations personnel are familiar with the ESD procedures and Well Intervention contingency scenarios/actions.
- Directly supervise all Well Control and critical activities.
- Operation of all equipment at the Driller’s console in the WOCC.
- Responsible for the adherence to WOUK & statutory Lifting procedures and requirements by all personnel under their supervision.
- Overall direct supervision and coordination of all personnel involved in the project activities including subcontractors.
- Review, understand and comply with Project specific procedures and correct operation of Project-specific equipment.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of third party personnel and, subcontractors.
- Review, understand and comply with obtaining Project objectives and ensuring all necessary as-built data is collected and reported as required, primarily in the IADC report.
- Ensure that the appropriate logs and records are maintained, primarily in the IADC report
- Report to the Toolpusher and Rig Superintendent ensuring they are advised of all current and/or changing conditions in a timely manner. • Ensure that all topside and well control equipment is correctly certified, installed and pressure tested.
- Driller will be conversant in the current policies on Well Control & Barriers, topside equipment operation procedures and project-specific documentation.
- Assist the Toolpusher and Rig Superintendent in maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of rig operating procedures through constant review.
- Ensuring that appraisals of personnel are conducted on a regular basis and training needs are identified and actioned.
- Mentor the Assistant Driller and deputise as appropriate.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching/training and discipline within their crew.
- Promote and maintain a good working relationship across all departments on the rig.
- Conduct duties assigned to them by the Toolpusher and/or Rig Superintendent.
Operational Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation, maintenance and repair of ROV/Trencher systems as directed by Shift Supervisor;
- Conduct safe offshore operations including maintenance and repair of ROV/Trencher and auxiliary equipment ensuring correct, safe working practices are carried out;
- Requisition spares and materials in a timely manner to maintain the minimum stock levels in the system inventory;
- Check goods received against requisition and update inventory;
- Ensuring that items despatched from an offshore location, whether for repair, warranty, or on demobilisation are accompanied by the correct paperwork;
- Performing/undertaking “on the job” training of personnel unfamiliar with the particular vessel, equipment or ROV in use, especially in terms of safe working practice;
- Participation in any additional training as requested by the Company;
- Having performance appraised in the execution of the work such that any training requirements are identified, and;
- Participation in the Company’s Competency scheme
- To carry out other tasks as delegated by Company Offshore Management or Supervisor
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Huisman WIS
- IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- OGUK Medical
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- Proven experience and results-oriented career and/or B Eng. or Degree equivalents in an appropriate engineering subject, unlimited as per STCW Reg.AIII2 and Reg. A. 111/2 respectively;
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering related field.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Candidate must have the relevant mandatories (STCW, TBOSIET, HUET, GMDSS, OSP, NEBOSH and All other relevant Documents for positions applied for).
- Valid IWCF/Well cap certification, Supervisory level is an added advantage.
- Valid OGUK medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Valid International Passport
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 5+ years in a similar role including HP riser well intervention experience
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020