Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to to apply for the job advert;
Position title: Assistant Driller (Days/Nights)
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Driller
- The Assistant Driller provides the Driller with direct support and assistance in being the onsite focal point for all well operations activities, under the overall management of the Rig Superintendent. The Assistant Driller, under instruction from or as deputized by the Driller, is responsible for directly supervising onsite well operations activities and for ensuring that the operation is completed safely & efficiently in accordance with the approved program and Company policies & procedures.
- The Assistant Driller will be conversant with all statutory requirements relating to Well Control and Well Intervention, with all personnel directly or indirectly involved with well operations conforming to the instructions issued by them.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, understand and comply with the company Management System, ensuring crew also comply with Management System.
- Understand and comply with the Helix MoC system and process.
- Responsible for ensuring the crew execute the project activities using the safe systems of work and safety tools required as per the Company’s Risk Management system, including but not limited to pre-shift meetings, TBTs, TOFS, ORs, Daily Drills and weekly safety meetings with their Driller’s crew.
- Active participation in the Helix Risk Management process for all rig activities and that the risks and controls are communicated to all personnel, responsible for ensuring all personnel under their supervision are clear as regards their role.
- Review the company’s Safety Notices on each occasion of joining the rig.
- Comply with any written dispensation approval for any activity to be conducted which may be in breach of Company Policy, particularly regarding the Barrier Policy.
- Ensure regular safety inspections and housekeeping/asset inspections are conducted and the standard and quality of the asset are maintained.
- Report all damage and incidents to the Driller.
- Assist the Driller in instigating DROPS inspections, ensuring actions are corrected, reported & logged in the DROPS register as per the Company’s management system.
- Assist the Driller in conducting Emergency Disconnection Drills as instructed by the Toolpusher and/or Rig Superintendent, ensuring they are fully conversant in the operation and Cause and Effects.
- Participate in Well Control Drills frequently to ensure that operations personnel are familiar with the ESD procedures and Well Intervention contingency scenarios/actions.
- Assist in the direct supervision of all Well Control and critical activities.
- Operation of all equipment at the Driller’s console in the WOCC as assigned by the Driller.
- Responsible for the adherence to WOUK & statutory Lifting procedures and requirements by all personnel under their supervision.
- Assist in the overall direct supervision and coordination of all personnel involved in the project activities including sub-contractors.
- Review, understand and comply with Project specific procedures and correct operation of Project-specific equipment.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of third party personnel and, subcontractors.
- Review, understand and comply with obtaining Project objectives and ensuring all necessary as-built data is collected and reported as required, primarily in the IADC report.
- Ensure that the appropriate logs and records are maintained, primarily in the IADC report.
- Report to the Driller ensuring they are advised of all current and/or changing conditions immediately.
- Assist in ensuring that all topside and well control equipment is correctly certified, installed and pressure tested
- The Assistant Driller will be conversant in the current policies on Well Control & Barriers and assist the Driller in understanding topside equipment operation procedures and project-specific documentation.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching/training and discipline within the Driller’s crew.
- Promote and maintain a good working relationship across all departments on the rig.
- Conduct duties assigned to them by the Driller, Toolpusher and/or Rig Superintendent.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering related field.
- Valid International Passport.
- Huisman WIS
- IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 3
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- OGUK Medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 2+ years in a similar role including HP riser well intervention experience
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to: email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020