Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: Toolpusher (Nights/Days)
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Rig Superintendent
- The Toolpusher is responsible for the effective management, safe and efficient execution of the offshore project preparations, operations and well intervention in accordance with statutory rules, regulations, Company policies, procedures and objectives, in accordance with the approved project-specific documentation.
- They will be conversant with all statutory requirements relating to Well Control and Well Intervention, with all personnel directly or indirectly involved with well operations conforming to the instructions issued by the Rig Superintendent. They have a duty of care for all offshore project personnel.
- The Toolpusher will liaise with the Rig Superintendent to review and plan project and rig activities, agreeing on daily work plans as per the established approved procedures. They will liaise with the Rig Superintendent and Client Representative regarding any changes to the approved well program.
- If circumstances require it the Toolpusher will fulfil the role of Rig Superintendent temporarily. The Rig Superintendent may also delegate duties to the Toolpusher as needed to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the rig where the Rig Superintendent maintains overall managerial responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will normally comprise of the following:
- Review, understand and comply with the company Management System, ensuring crew also comply with Management System.
- Understand and comply with the Helix MoC system and process.
- Responsible for ensuring the crew execute the project activities using the safe systems of work and safety tools required as per the Company’s Risk Management system.
- Active participation in Helix Risk Management process for all rig activities and that the risks and controls are communicated to all personnel.
- Active participation and responsibility in setting worksite safety objectives and standards in line with Company requirements.
- Review the company’s Safety Notices on each occasion of joining the rig.
- Assist the Rig Superintendent in obtaining prior written dispensation approval for any activity to be conducted which may be in breach of Company Policy, particularly regarding the Barrier Policy.
- Action any corrective measures raised by audits and/or inspections carried out by Client or QHSE personnel.
- Implement the Company’s health, safety and environment policy by all employees and/or subcontractors onboard the rig.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted and the standard and quality of the asset are maintained.
- Responsible Person and Area Authority as per the requirements of Helix PTW system (op/saf/gen/1).
- Report all damage and incidents using the appropriate reporting methods and their classification as per company guidelines.
- Ensure that Emergency Disconnection Drills are carried out as frequently as necessary to ensure that all personnel are familiar with these operations.
- Ensure that Well Control Drills are carried out as appropriate for the operation of a weekly frequency to ensure that operations personnel are familiar with the ESD procedures and Well Intervention contingency scenarios/actions.
- Directly supervise all Well Control operations and critical activities.
- Overall supervision and coordination of all personnel involved in the project activities.
- Relieve the Driller in the WOCC as operationally required.
- Understand and comply with the Project Quality Plan and Risk Management System.
- Review, understand and comply with Emergency Plans and Bridging documentation.
- Review, understand and comply with Project specific procedures and correct operation of Project-specific equipment.
- Provide input into project planning activities.
- Review, understand and comply with obtaining Project objectives and ensuring all necessary as-built data is collected and reported as required.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of third party personnel, subcontractors and their liabilities.
- Ensure that the appropriate logs and records are maintained, approving where appropriate.
- Review the Daily Report and assist in its generation at the request of the Rig Superintendent.
- Work closely with the Project Engineer who will facilitate the execution of the project under the management of the Rig Superintendent.
- Liaise with Rig Superintendent and Client’s Representative(s) onboard the rig ensuring they are advised of all current and/or changing conditions in a timely manner.
- Maintain a close working relationship to with the Rig Superintendent, OIM and Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that all topside and well control equipment is correctly certified, installed and pressure tested.
- Toolpusher will be conversant in the current policies on Well Control & Barriers, topside equipment operation procedures and project-specific documentation.
- Maintain accuracy and effectiveness of rig operating procedures through constant review and with approval of the Rig Superintendent.
- Ensuring that appraisals of personnel are conducted on a regular basis and training needs are identified and actioned.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching/training and discipline within the crew.
- Conduct duties assigned to them by the Rig Superintendent.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Proven experience and results-oriented career and/or B Eng. or Degree equivalents in an appropriate engineering subject, unlimited as per STCW Reg.AIII2 and Reg. A. 111/2 respectively;
- Valid International Passport.
- Valid OGUK medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Huisman WIS
- IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- 5+ years in a similar role including HP riser well intervention experience
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020