Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: ELECTRO TECHNICAL OFFICER
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Chief Engineer
- Responsible to the Chief Engineer for the maintenance of the vessel’s electronic systems including, but not limited to, DP system equipment, ER monitoring equipment and other department electronic systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will normally comprise of the following:
- Responsible for the maintenance of the DP system, including thruster controls.
- Have an understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the Company’s policies and management system.
- Responsible for operating, updating and maintenance of the ship’s network.
- Keep the OIM/Master and Senior DP watchkeepers fully informed on matters affecting the DP system and will not undertake any work on the system without prior consultation and receipt of approval to conduct such work. This especially applies whilst the vessel is in any form of DP mode.
- Notify the OIM/Master and keep them fully informed of the progress of any work which they have undertaken and shall notify the OIM/Master of any defects or problems that they have encountered in their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring that a true and accurate record of work that has been carried out is kept and entered in the maintenance records and their hand-over notes. This shall include ensuring that manuals and drawings pertaining to their area of responsibility are kept corrected and up to date, in the event of any modification.
- Has overall responsibility for the efficient running of the vessel’s radio room.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all radio communication equipment, radars, and electronic navigation equipment. Note: On vessels with GMDSS equipment a shore-based manufactures maintenance agreement is usually in force for this part of the radio system.
- Responsible for ordering spares and stores for the Radio and Electronics Department, and liaising with the Storekeeper. In addition, shall keep the OIM/Masterfully informed of urgent spares requirements which would affect either statutory requirements and/or the safe operation of the DP system.
- Assisting other departments as requested with electronic problems.
- Responsibility for the general upkeep of HPR transponders and taut wire, this includes the updating of the HPR log ensuring that HRP transponders are kept fully charged by recharging or replacing the batteries. (Supported by Chief Officer).
- Responsibility for the general upkeep of the taut wire spool gear wires.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Electro-Technical Officer STCW III/6
- STCW Training
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (STCW Code A-VI/1-4)
- Security Awareness
- Kongsberg K-Chief step 3
- Huisman WIS and Electrical and Control System Proficiency.
- Valid International Passport.
- Valid OGUK medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 5+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge.
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020