Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: CHIEF OFFICER SAFETY
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: OIM/Master
- The day Chief Officer shall act as the Safety Officer onboard ensuring that the provisions of the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen, Statutory Requirements and Company Health and Safety Policy are complied with.
- The Safety Officer shall investigate all lost-time injuries, dangerous occurrences and complaints regarding Health and Safety matters and make recommendations to the OIM/Master. The Safety Officer may delegate some of the Accident/Incident Investigation duties to the 2nd Officer and/or Safety Coach.
- They will also fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the Ship Security Officer as detailed in the approved Seawell Security Plan, which meets the requirements of the ISPS code. As Security Officer, they will undertake the implementation and supervision of the ISPS system.
- The Safety Officer shall inspect all accessible parts of the vessel at least every three months, will ensure, as far as possible, that safety instructions, rules and guidelines are complied with and report through the OIM/Master to the company any deficiency. They will close out actions and incidents reported on the company’s accident database.
- The Safety Officer will play an active role in the promotion of safety initiatives, campaigns and incentive schemes with the goal of continuous improvement in the vessel safety performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will normally comprise of the following:
- Act as Senior DP Operator, Watchkeeper, when on shift and normal Watchkeeper when on conventional watches either in port, on passage or at anchor.
- Shall have understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the company’s policies and management system.
- Assists OIM/Master in fire fighting and emergency procedures controls on Bridge in the event of fire or other emergency situation.
- Liaises with all other Deck Officers on generalship running and routines.
- Ensures that all cargo is secured at all times and organises cargo transfers after liaison with the Storekeeper.
- Ensuring all navigational equipment is functioning correctly. Preparation of the Bridge for the sea as required by statute and reporting equipment defects.
- Assists in paperwork if required which may be incurred by clients/charters information/data requirements.
- Liaises closely with Well Ops UK QHSE Manager on Incident closeout actions and all other matters pertaining to safety onboard the vessel.
- Assist the OIM/Master in the maintenance of WOUK Management System.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of GMDSS operator in accordance with the provisions of MA (Radio installation) regulations 1992 and STCW 95.
- Review the Safety Notices, Marine Circular Correspondence files and the WOUK Management System Amendment file upon joining and re-joining the vessel.
- Ensure they are fully conversant with the responsibilities and duties of the Chief Officer and shall when necessary assist the Chief Officer in completing his duties.
- Will promote internal training and implement the Company’s internal training program.
- Preparation and implementation of procedures to prevent accidents.
- Ensure that all company safety procedures are followed.
- Participate, as required, in Safe Job Analysis (SJA) carried out onboard and act as Chairman, where applicable.
- Promulgate any changes in accordance with the Company’s Management of Change Procedure.
- Management of the OR database. With the assistance of the 2nd Officers on the day to day input of information and allocation of responsibilities. Also, in conjunction with the Safety Coach, actively encourage OR participation amongst the vessel compliment.
- Any other duties assigned by the Vessel Master.
Certificates, Training and Experience
The Senior DP Operator should have:
- Officer of the Watch (Unlimited) STCW A-II/1
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering Related field.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Diploma (or equivalent) – Nautical Science
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) – Marine Operations
- Shipboard Security Officer
- Shipboard Safety Officer
- GMDSS (GOC) Unlimited
- DP operators Certificate (unlimited)
- ECDIS (Generic and Specific)
- Ballast Control and Stability
- NAEST (Operational)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Designated Security Duties certificate (STCW A- VI/6)
- OGUK Medical
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 2+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge.
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020