Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Uniterm Nigeria Limited is inviting Suitable candidates to apply for the job advert;
Job Title: SECOND OFFICER
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Chief Officer
- These officers are watchkeepers whilst the vessel is in DP mode (when not trainees), and in the conventional mode when on a passage, in port and at anchor.
- When the vessel is in the DP mode there are normally two Second Officers onboard working 12-hour shifts so arranged to comply with DP Operations Manual which prohibits the relieving of two DP operators simultaneously.
- The duties of these Officers will be distributed by the OIM/Master and they will work closely with each other to allow for generalship running and routines. Duties should be exchanged at regular intervals during the year.
- This will allow them to experience the entire scope of duties and will assist during periods of down-manning, as in lay-up situations, when only one Second Officer may be onboard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will normally comprise of the following:
- Understudies the Chief Officer.
- Shall have understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the companies policies and management system.
- DP Watchkeeper.
- Watchkeeper when a vessel is in conventional mode.
- The maintenance of all lifesaving and fire fighting appliances/apparatus.
- Assist the Chief Officer as required in charging and general upkeep of HPR transponders and taut wire. (Supporting ETO).
- Ensuring all navigational equipment is functioning correctly. Preparation of the Bridge for Sea as required by statute and reporting equipment defects.
- Navigation Officer for chart work, passage planning etc. Ensuring all navigational charts and publications are corrected up to date and navigational warnings displayed.
- Upkeep of Vessel Articles and Discharge Book entries.
- Acts as a Helicopter Landing Officer.
- Assists the Safety Officer as required with any aspect of the Safety Officers Safety Related duties. This will include familiarisation courses for first-time arrivals and other personnel as well as assisting in any Safety Committee matters and the closeouts of SOR’s.
- Maintains vessel key and security system. Inc issue and tracking of locker keys.
- Assist in paperwork if required which may be incurred by Clients/Charterers.
- Ensure that all safety alerts etc., are correctly distributed and promulgated on the vessel, and ensure that records are kept in both electronic and hard copy.
- Ensure that the COSHH regulations are implemented correctly and the maintenance of the COSHH Database.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Officer.
Certificates, Training and Experience
The Junior DP Operator should have:
- Officer of the Watch (Unlimited) STCW A-II/1
- Diploma (or equivalent) – Nautical Science
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) – Marine Operations
- Shipboard Security Officer
- Shipboard Safety Officer
- GMDSS (GOC) Unlimited
- NAEST (Operational)
- DP operators Certificate (unlimited)
- ECDIS (Generic and Specific)
- Ballast Control and Stability
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Designated Security Duties certificate (STCW A- VI/6)
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering related field.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Valid International Passport.
- OGUK Medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 2+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020