Uniterm Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians incorporated in 2004 and has grown rapidly with a professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost-effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Suitable candidates should apply for the job advert;
Position title: AB/Crane Operator – Q7000
Job Location: BAYELSA
Reports to: Bosun/Chief Officer
- Responsible for carrying out, in a safe and diligent manner, any task or routine which he is directed to do by the Bosun or Chief Officer.
- As Crane Operator shall be responsible for ensuring that the crane is operated within safe working limits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and painting of the vessel as required.
- Have an understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the Company’s policies and management system.
- Be familiar with his emergency duties and he must be aware of and abide by Company procedures, policies and instructions.
- Lash and secure cargo and equipment on the weather decks or other cargo spaces, and the stores/spares in storerooms, in his area of responsibility.
- Carry out maintenance of deck machinery and equipment and assist in carrying out planned maintenance routines.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment in the field of his responsibility and maintain the cleanliness of his work area.
- Be responsible for washing down/degreasing of the vessel externally. Additionally, he will maintain internal cleanliness of areas which he is directed, not excluding engine room areas, as per the IDF agreement.
- Be part of the helideck fire party during helicopter operations or act as a baggage handler under the direction of the HLO.
- Whilst watchkeeper, shall undertake the routines concerned with the cleanliness of specified areas, maintain a fire watch, keep in constant communication with the Bridge by means of a portable radio and perform bridge lookout or other duties as specified by the OOW.
- Be part of the mooring stations party either forward or aft, assisting with the safe rigging of gangways and pilot ladders as required.
- Be responsible for the manning of any crane as required during lifting operations.
- Assist with the maintenance of cranes under the direction of the Hydraulic Technician.
- Assist the Project crew as necessary, liaising with Bosun and Chief Officer or DPO.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Officer
- Act as Crane Operator and perform, when appropriate, at the start of each shift a visual examination of cranes as prescribed in company lifting policy.
Certificates, Training and Experience
- Offshore Crane Operator Stage 3 Competency Assessment
- Navigational Watch Rating Cert
- OPITO Banksman Slinger Stage 3
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-4)
- Designated Security Duties certificate (STCW A- VI/6
- GMDSS (ROC)
- Efficient Deck Hand Certificate or level 2 VQ in Marine Vessel Operations (STCW Deck A-II/5)
- OPITO Offshore Emergency Response
- Helideck Team Member
- CAA Offshore Radio License
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Huisman PMC & KBC
- OGUK Medical
- ENG1 or ILO equivalent BOSIET / T-BOSIET
- 2+ years in similar role proven sea time service by Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
Method of Application
Interested and Only qualified candidates should send their CV in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Visit the Uniterm Nigeria Limited Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020