UNIUYO School of Basic Studies Admission Form – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a Pre-Degree and Basic Studies programmes of School of Basic Studies, University of Uyo, for the 2020/2021 academic year.
About the UNIUYO Basic Studies Programme
The Basic Studies programme is designed to prepare students for examinations conducted by the consortium of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB). Holders of the JUPEB certificate would subsequently be admitted into the 200 level of the degree offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB in any Faculty/department of their choice.
A) One Year Pre-Degree Programme
Candidates must possess five (5) credit in WAEC/NECO/NABTEB in relevant subjects. Successful candidates will at the end of the programme be placed in one year in the following Faculties: Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Education.
B) One Year Basic Studies Programme
Candidates must possess five (5) credit in WAEC/NECO/NABTEB in relevant subjects. At the end of the programme, the Basic studies students will write Joint University Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination, which will qualify them for Direct Entry (D/E) admission through JAMB into year two (2) in any Faculty/department of their choice.
Recommended: UNIUYO Direct Entry Screening Form
Available Programmes for Uniuyo Pre-Degree/Basic Studies
A. Faculty of Agriculture
(i) Agric. Econs & Extension
(ii) Animal Science
(iii) Crop Science
(iv) Fisheries & Aquatic Environmental Management
(v) Forestry & Wildlife
(vi) Food Science & Tech.
(vii) Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics
(viii) Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Arts
(i) Communication Arts
(iii) Foreign Language (French)
(iv) History & International Studies
(v) Religious and Cultural Studies
(vi) Theatre Arts
C. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
D. Faculty of Business Administration
(ii) Banking and Finance
(iii) Business Management
E. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
(i) Medicine and Surgery
F. Faculty of Education
(i) Agricultural Science Education
(ii) Business Education/Accounting
(iii) Biology Education
(iv) Chemistry Education
(v) Computer Science Education
(vi) Economics Education
(vii) English Education
(viii) French Education
(ix) Fine Arts Education
(x) Guidance & Counselling
(xi) Geography Education
(xii) Home Economics Education
(xiii) Health Education
(xiv) Integrated Science Education
(xv) Library and Information Science
(xvi) Mathematics Education
(xvii) Pre-Primary/Primary Education
(xviii) Physics Education
(xix) Physical Education
(xx) Religious Studies Education
(xxi) Social Studies Education
(xxii) Technical Education
(xxiii) Vocational Education
G. Faculty of Engineering
(i) Agricultural Engineering
(ii) Chemical Engineering
(iii) Civil Engineering
(iv) Computer Engineering
(v) Electrical/Electronics Engineering
(vi) Food Engineering
(vii) Mechanical Engineering
(viii) Petroleum Engineering
H. Faculty of Environmental Studies
(ii) Building Technology
(iii) Geoinformatics & Surveying
(vi) Quantity Surveying
(vii) Urban & Regional Planning
(viii) Estate Management
I. Faculty of Law
J. Faculty of Pharmacy
K. Faculty of Science
(i) Animal Science and Environmental Biology
(ii) Botany & Ecological Studies
(iv) Computer Science
L. Faculty of Social Sciences
(ii) Geography & Natural Resources Management
(iii) Political Science/Public Administration
(iv) Sociology /Anthropology
Note: UTME score is NOT a requirement for admission into the Pre-Degree and Basic Studies programme. Candidates who took the 2020 JAMB can also apply as there will be no supplementary application for this programme.
SEE ALSO: UNIUYO Post-UTME Screening Form.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Pre-Degree/Basic Studies Admission Form.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable deposit only via Remita Payment Platform
- For Pre-Degree Programme – N10,500 ( Ten Thousand five hundred nairas)
- For Basic Studies Programme -N15,500.00 (fifteen thousand five hundred nairas)
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/ or Click on e-portals link
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Basic Studies/Pre-Degree as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link to complete your registration
Please Take Note of the Following:
- The Test will be Computer Based (CBT)
- The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the screening exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates are required to come for the screening exercise with the following items:
- One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2020 ONLINE registration form duly completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the on-line registration) with the name and signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in quarto- size envelope and labelled with the candidate’s name and the department.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
No GSM handsets, calculators, four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening halls.
Screening Exercise Date/Portal Closure for UNIUYO School of Basic Studies
- Closing Date for Registration: One month after the resumption of schools by Government
- Date for the Screening Exercise: Will be communicated later
- Venue for the Screening Exercise: PTDF Resource Centre, Town Campus Annex, Uyo
- Time: 7:00am daily
Subscribe to followup Alerts!
Get followup News to UNIUYO School of Basic Studies Screening Exercise date. Enter your email below and click sign up now. Remember information is power!